[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanksgiving Wines?

KICK A$$ BLASTER

Just finished a 1990 Salon Champagne

Having Peter Michael Chardonnay Mon Plaisir 2002 with my turkey and the wife is having a Numanthia 2004... it's one of her favorite wines....

Depending on how much of her Numanthia I have to drink I may have to open up a nice port or Tokay! Happy Thanksgiving!! First time having Thanksgiving at home in quite a while and I have had a blast cooking today! Bier's Stuffing is in the oven below the turkey!

Cheers!

Not necc in this order...

Magnum of Coutier Champagne

750s or Gosset Brut and Morlet Rose Champagnes

Londer Gewurtz

Cobb Sonoma Coast Pinot

Magnum of La Chouffe Ale

Delerium Noel Ale

Some IPA made by one of the guests

Oh, and some Kabinett that I foget

Had a Chermette VV Beauj Nouveau but we didn't get to it.

Highlight was a 1990 Ch. Lafite Rothschild. We've teased opening it the past couple of years and finally pulled the trigger. Amazing wine and at 19 years of age, is still in its youth. Not exactly a turkey wine, but we just didn't care.

Others - The Pinots!:

My last 02 Le Cadeau.

06 Pali Durell

05 Domaine Obscene Yamhill and Grace

06 Cedric Bouchard Champagne - "Les Ursules" (i'm not a champagne fan, but have to admit, this was pretty damn good) (PN Grapes)

05 KB Amber Ridge

Mag of 05 Shea Homer - Easily Pinot of the night.

There were some whites, but I didn't pay attention. There was also some food, but I didn't really pay attention to that either.

This is one of 2 or 3 weekends that a handful of the willamette valley wineries are open. Tomorrow I'll be picking up my 08 Shea (bought on futures months ago), Lemelson, Prive', and Ken Wright. We'll see where else we end up.