[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench LT and Pierre Thomas?

electricrelish

Playing the Matchups in the Playoffs

I'm thinking of benching my RB2 LaDainian Tomlinson and my flex Pierre Thomas for Quinton Ganther and Chris Jennings in a non-PPR league with bonuses for long yardage TD's and for rushing over 100 yards.

My Reasoning

LaDainian Tomlinson is not getting many yards these days. However, he's racked up a TD in each of the last 5 games. It wouldn't surprise me if LT scored a TD this week, but I don't expect a lot of yards against Cincy's number 3 rushing D. The Bengals have only allowed 5 rushing TD's all year long. That's not a lot. There's limited upside here and because that rushing D is so good, it's a risk. Right?

Pierre Thomas is dealing with a hip issue (but everyone takes a day off practice this time of year). In his last 3 games, Thomas has no rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD. This year, he's only had one game where he rushed over 100 yards. It doesn't help that Mike Bell is coming back, Reggie Bush is starting to emerge. Thomas is a better play for PPR these days. For non-PPR, I need someone who scores TD's.

Quinton Ganther had an excellent fantasy week against the lowly Raiders. One thing Ganther has going for him is that there doesn't appear to be a RBC that he has to compete with. While the Giants have the number 9 rushing D, a RB has scored one TD against them in the last three games. Is there possibly more upside to Ganther over LT in this game?

Chris Jennings - Eight rushing TD's have been scored in the last 6 games against the lowly Chiefs. Jennings appears to be the best Browns RB. While Harrision and Cribbs will take away some carries, the Chiefs are so awful that there's plenty to go around. I like the potential upside here.

My opponent has a really good team. I'm thinking that I need to think outside of the box to score an upset. Am I getting too cute? Or should I play the upside instead of my average stars? Lineup is below. Let me know if you recommend any other changes. Leave your link and I will answer yours.

My Team

Matt Schaub QB

Quinton Gather RB

Ray Rice RB

Chris Jennings Flex

Miles Austin WR

Antonio Bryant WR

Bo Scaife TE

Garret Hartley PK

Denver Broncos DST

Bench

Eli Manning QB

LaDainian Tomlinson RB

Pierre Thomas RB

T.J. Houshmandzedah WR

Calvin Johnson WR

Jeremy Shockey TE

Notes: In case you're wondering how I made it this far, I lost both Ronnie Brown and Chris Cooley to injuries.

Opponent's Team

Kyle Orton QB

Steven Jackson RB

Chris Johnson RB

Knowshon Moreno Flex

Andre Johnson WR

Brandon Marshall WR

Visanthe Shiancoe TE

Dan Carpenter PK

Arizona Cardinals DST

Bench

Reggie Bush RB

Kevin Faulk RB

Darrius Heyward-Bey WR

Johnny Knox WR

Fred Davis TE

Bills DST

Edited by electricrelish

I am in a similar situation....

I can bench LT for Jennings or Wells (and Ganther is an available free agent).

I prefer Jennings and Wells over Ganther . What worried me about Jennings is the Harrison factor.

I mean Jennings has a really good match and I am tempted. But, I really am not sure what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

I would go with PT and Ganther. Unless LT scores, he's just not worth much. Jennings seems like the lead back but I can see them going to Harrison again which has already happened this season plus they have Cribbs working his magic. Ganther should get some opportunities in a tight game with the G-Men and PT and should also be the main RB against the Boys as he catches passes out of the backfield and should see the endzone. Though I don't blame you for debating throwing Jennings in over PT.

I think Jennings is a high risk start. Mangini can't be trusted. Harrison could snipe any GL carries. After last week, does Cribbs get a lot more touches as an RB this week? Ganther goes against a Giants D that is on it's heels with a rookie MLB to boot. They are even benching some big name DL's and shuffling everything around. The safeties are horrible. I like Ganther. I also like the safer play of LT. SD is going to have some GL opportunities in this game. NO just has so many weapons, even Colston and Meachem can have bad games, never mind the RB's. LT and Ganther.

Playing the Matchups in the Playoffs

I'm thinking of benching my RB2 LaDainian Tomlinson and my flex Pierre Thomas for Quinton Ganther and Chris Jennings in a non-PPR league with bonuses for long yardage TD's and for rushing over 100 yards.

My Reasoning

LaDainian Tomlinson is not getting many yards these days. However, he's racked up a TD in each of the last 5 games. It wouldn't surprise me if LT scored a TD this week, but I don't expect a lot of yards against Cincy's number 3 rushing D. The Bengals have only allowed 5 rushing TD's all year long. That's not a lot. There's limited upside here and because that rushing D is so good, it's a risk. Right?

Pierre Thomas is dealing with a hip issue (but everyone takes a day off practice this time of year). In his last 3 games, Thomas has no rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD. This year, he's only had one game where he rushed over 100 yards. It doesn't help that Mike Bell is coming back, Reggie Bush is starting to emerge. Thomas is a better play for PPR these days. For non-PPR, I need someone who scores TD's.

Quinton Ganther had an excellent fantasy week against the lowly Raiders. One thing Ganther has going for him is that there doesn't appear to be a RBC that he has to compete with. While the Giants have the number 9 rushing D, a RB has scored one TD against them in the last three games. Is there possibly more upside to Ganther over LT in this game?

Chris Jennings - Eight rushing TD's have been scored in the last 6 games against the lowly Chiefs. Jennings appears to be the best Browns RB. While Harrision and Cribbs will take away some carries, the Chiefs are so awful that there's plenty to go around. I like the potential upside here.

My opponent has a really good team. I'm thinking that I need to think outside of the box to score an upset. Am I getting too cute? Or should I play the upside instead of my average stars? Lineup is below. Let me know if you recommend any other changes. Leave your link and I will answer yours.

My Team

Matt Schaub QB

Quinton Gather RB

Ray Rice RB

Chris Jennings Flex

Miles Austin WR

Antonio Bryant WR

Bo Scaife TE

Garret Hartley PK

Denver Broncos DST

Bench

Eli Manning QB

LaDainian Tomlinson RB

Pierre Thomas RB

T.J. Houshmandzedah WR

Calvin Johnson WR

Jeremy Shockey TE

Notes: In case you're wondering how I made it this far, I lost both Ronnie Brown and Chris Cooley to injuries.

Opponent's Team

Kyle Orton QB

Steven Jackson RB

Chris Johnson RB

Knowshon Moreno Flex

Andre Johnson WR

Brandon Marshall WR

Visanthe Shiancoe TE

Dan Carpenter PK

Arizona Cardinals DST

Bench

Reggie Bush RB

Kevin Faulk RB

Darrius Heyward-Bey WR

Johnny Knox WR

Fred Davis TE

Bills DST

I also have PT/LT and have been wrestling with what to do. While rolling with the unknowns in a great matchup is tempting, I am sticking with PT/LT. First LT is at home, he's the goal line back and will get the ball 20 times in a very good offense. No rbbc means a rushing score is likely to go to LT. PT is also playing at home and will get 15 or more touches (rec + carries) in the most powerful offense in the league. Neither matchup is as attractive but playing at home vs on the road takes some of that advantage away.

Too many questions with regards to how the carries will be split up in Cleveland. Even though I picked up Jennings i think Ganther is the better play between those two. He is going to be the man and is playing at home. Last year I got burned playing the match up in my Superbowl which admittedly may have colored my analysis. Good luck and GO PT and GO LT!!

I really dont get all the Jennings love. Harrison gets the looks in the passing game, and Cribbs is the current darling in Cle.

A starting RB over a possible 3 way RBBC on a horrible team like the Browns? LT all the way, IMO.

my sentiments exactly

I posted a bunch of times this week that i think all the Jennings love will not be rewarded this weekend

I sat LT and SJ last year in my playoffs and lost and had to live with that for a full year. I am back in the playoffs and I have LT, SJ and PT but I have a bye so I can sit on which 2 to start next week.

So I would have to go with LT and PT because I just don't trust Ganther and Jennings for my league title game.

Everyone went Harrison last week and then boom all of a sudden Jennings was playing...who says they don't go Harrison this week ?

Harrison ran wild 2 weeks ago last week it was Jennings who knows with the Browns.

Ganther played Oakland..got 2 lucky 1 yard TDs...I don't want any part of him.

LT and PT is what I would do.

I also have PT/LT and have been wrestling with what to do. While rolling with the unknowns in a great matchup is tempting, I am sticking with PT/LT. First LT is at home, he's the goal line back and will get the ball 20 times in a very good offense. No rbbc means a rushing score is likely to go to LT. PT is also playing at home and will get 15 or more touches (rec + carries) in the most powerful offense in the league. Neither matchup is as attractive but playing at home vs on the road takes some of that advantage away.

Too many questions with regards to how the carries will be split up in Cleveland. Even though I picked up Jennings i think Ganther is the better play between those two. He is going to be the man and is playing at home. Last year I got burned playing the match up in my Superbowl which admittedly may have colored my analysis. Good luck and GO PT and GO LT!!

I'd add that I think Cribbs is the guy with the most potential in Cleveland........since any of the plays being discussed are gambles I think Cribbs has the most upside of any. In fact, I've picked him up and will be playing him in my WR3 slot ahead of G Jennings and S Breaston.

I Agree with you on Ganther, It' one thing to do it against Oakland. But he has two tougher teams now in a row.

PT scares me because NO has the playoffs locked. I don't think they will play him the whole game. He is banged up this week and Bush is running lights out. I think PT will get half as many carrys as normal.

I'd add that I think Cribbs is the guy with the most potential in Cleveland........since any of the plays being discussed are gambles I think Cribbs has the most upside of any. In fact, I've picked him up and will be playing him in my WR3 slot ahead of G Jennings and S Breaston.

Hasn't Jennings been named the starter? They wanted him to be the starter the last two games, but the only reason he didn't start was because he was recovering from a shoulder injury. He's the RB starter now, so lookout, Chiefs. Cribbs may get his, but there is so much to be had over KC that I don't think I can pass up this match-up.

I'm still thinking over LT and Ganther. One thing I don't want to do, is base my decision purely on reputation.

Edited by electricrelish

I like your reasoning and couldn't argue with Ganther and Jennings.

Lineups can get funky towards the end of fantasy playoffs. Last year I lost the championship by only a couple points...while starting Teshard Choice and LeRon McClain.

Yeah, I won mine by starting Tyler Thigpen and Tashard Choice. Hard to know. Starting to have second doubts. Especially after last night, when all of Indy's studs delivered.

And the guy I'm playing had Wayne, Clark and Jones-Drew going......uggg.........down 75 and it is only Friday.

Have you looked at A Foster? He has a good matchup against the flu riddled Rams.

I don't have Foster in this particular league listed above. But, in my PPR league, I have Ganthers, Jennings and Foster. Out of all of them, I like Foster the best. I am only going to start 1 RB in that league because my strength are my WR's ever since Ronnie Brown went down. I need an outstanding performance for one of them or I could roll with Reggie Bush. Leaning towards Foster.