[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Great Reggie Wayne Debate

Cunning Runt

I still intend to bench him for S Smith NYG. Maybe Baskett finally gets some time. Maybe Revis DOES get the "Wayne assignment". If Champ Bailey can shut him down, Revis can tie him up in a blanket and throw him in the trunk.

Yes, you sure did tell us, Henri.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revis Island strikes again. I tried to warm ya all not to play Wayne but you didn't listen.

I just got back to my hotel from across the street from the game and Wayne had Revis beat numerous times but Manning was oh-so-close getting it to him.

Revis Island didn't mean sh-t.

I just got back to my hotel from across the street from the game and Wayne had Revis beat numerous times but Manning was oh-so-close getting it to him.

Revis Island didn't mean sh-t.

He did beat Revis deep once, but very meh other than that. Only absolutely perfect passes would have worked. However, I understand you being all bitter and grumpy. :wacko:

I had my binoculars iso'd on those two a ton, and Revis did line up on Wayne every single play, but Wayne was targeted maybe 6-7 times and Wayne had him beat pretty much every time the ball came his way, but the ball was just off - including one in the end zone.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I had my binoculars iso'd on those two a ton, and Revis did line up on Wayne every single play, but Wayne was targeted maybe 6-7 times and Wayne had him beat pretty much every time the ball came his way, but the ball was just off - including one in the end zone.

Sorry, but Revis had perfect coverage on that end zone play. Only a perfect pass and catch to the outside shoulder can work there. If the pass is perfect, and so is the catch, it is a play that cannot be defended. But it has to be executed to perfection, which is why more teams dont try it. Revis had Wayne covered on that play. Manning had to throw it away from Revis, and it was too far for Wayne too. Revis stopped that play. He had Wayne covered.

I seen the play where Wayne would have scored if the pass was a good pass but he was overthrown. Revis got picked on that play Indy had to try a sneaky pick play running the other WR as a cross and Revis ran into someone preventing him from sticking with Wayne on that play.

Revis was Wayne's blanket other than that.

Sorry, but Revis had perfect coverage on that end zone play. Only a perfect pass and catch to the outside shoulder can work there. If the pass is perfect, and so is the catch, it is a play that cannot be defended. But it has to be executed to perfection, which is why more teams dont try it. Revis had Wayne covered on that play. Manning had to throw it away from Revis, and it was too far for Wayne too. Revis stopped that play. He had Wayne covered.

Disagree. Wolulda just needed an ok thrown pass to have been a TD.

Wow. That's not what I saw. Revis was beat for two TD's today, but Wayne couldn't come down with either. The one at the goal line, he was beaten badly, and Manning threw it behind Wayne. If it's in front of him it's an easy TD. On the bomb, Revis was TOAST. Wayne slowed down, and the ball was barely overthrown, otherwise that goes for 6. Enjoy you gift. The Colts coaching staff decided to give the Jets a game they did not deserve to win.

Wayne had his opportunities today. Those two TD's would've made a big difference in that game, and his stats. For those of you who benched him, it ended up being the right call. I cannot believe the Colts pulled starters up 5 points in the third quarter . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

No agruement on the deep pass, Revis bit so hard he lost a tooth on that play.

But I've watched the other play about 10 times. Revis had Wayne covered on the inside. Manning tried to throw to Wayne's outside shoulder. Wayne had to turn around, really almost spin completely around to try to catch it, and Manning threw that ball off by about a foot. That's it. The only way that play works is with a perfect apss, and it wasn't.

That play cannot be defensed if the throw and routes are perfect. Revis can't be on both sides of Wayne simultaneously, even he isn't THAT good. Manning has about a one foot square to drill that ball into, or it doesn't work. It didnt work.

No agruement on the deep pass, Revis bit so hard he lost a tooth on that play.

But I've watched the other play about 10 times. Revis had Wayne covered on the inside. Manning tried to throw to Wayne's outside shoulder. Wayne had to turn around, really almost spin completely around to try to catch it, and Manning threw that ball off by about a foot. That's it. The only way that play works is with a perfect apss, and it wasn't.

That play cannot be defensed if the throw and routes are perfect. Revis can't be on both sides of Wayne simultaneously, even he isn't THAT good. Manning has about a one foot square to drill that ball into, or it doesn't work. It didnt work.

I have to admit, I saw it live, and again on the big screen replay. I'll check it again on TV in a bit. But it looked to me that the pass didn't have to be behind Wayne. Revis was "rubbed" off by the other WR and the coverage. Manning and Wayne have that back shoulder throw down pat, and it looked to me like Peyton threw it too far behind Wayne. If it's to him, or even in front, it's an easy score. I don't think Manning expected him to be that open.