[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The house almost burned down last night

muck

I call BS - there's no way you cut your own tree... :wacko:

I live in Michigan, we probably have half a dozen Christmas tree farms within a 15 minute drive of my house. I did indeed cut my own tree (and I carried that bastard about 300 yards over-my-shoulder back to the payment shed too).

I live in Michigan, we probably have half a dozen Christmas tree farms within a 15 minute drive of my house. I did indeed cut my own tree (and I carried that bastard about 300 yards over-my-shoulder back to the payment shed too).

So, how did that 4' tree work out for you?

Wow Muck! I am so glad that everything is okay for you. As we speak there is a house on fire less than two blocks from my house. Everyone is out and no one is hurt but so far as the updates that I am getting go, the house is still burning.

One thing that I fight with my wife over time and time again is buring candles. When I was a young child my family house burned and while I was way to young to remember very clearly, I know that my mother and father lost tons due to that fire that was caused by candles.

Every house should have at least two fire extinguishers. Don't assume that you know how to use it unless you have seen or at least read a little on the proper use. Sweeping as the base of the fire is the most effictive way, btw.

And one last note that you brought up but one that should be stressed. Escape plans should be gone over with kids and wife a few times a year. You have to think outside the box with these things and assume there is a fire blocking every single way that someone would want to go. Get to know how to get out of windows, how to hang jump in a last resort, how to wrap yourself in a blanket as a last resort. I mean you pray to never use such a plan but if you ever do need to, being prepaired will pay off.

I'm glad everything is ok muck. This is one of the reasons to be VERY careful with candles. The flame and the amout of heat thrown from a candle can vary and things that were OK are suddenly too close.