[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Online game: find the hidden stuff in the pic

BeeR

A game that really just serves as way to give you various screenshots where you either find hidden stuff or find diff's between the 2 screens, kind of like those things they have in newspapers. Simple mindless time-killer for anyone into that kind of thing (esp since for many working this could be a slow week) - some are harder than others IMO, but they sometimes give you hints too:

http://www.candystand.com/play/legend-of-the-golden-mask

I've got a game from Wild Tangent, but this is harder. The gold boxes, finding them all, is real tough (only did it on one level and not sure what they do.)

FWIW...I got to the SHIP. Decent game.

The gold boxes were hard sometimes - typically I moved on if I couldn't get them w/in a reasonable time. I skipped some "optional items" too. Think I'll go back and start over and try to find everything. Some of those are IMO not really fair though, ie don't really look like the item as you'd expect or are put in such a way that it's IMO not reasonable to expect someone to see it. This is really well done though, IMO. Clever how some of the things were hidden.

Edited by BeeR

A game that really just serves as way to give you various screenshots where you either find hidden stuff or find diff's between the 2 screens, kind of like those things they have in newspapers. Simple mindless time-killer for anyone into that kind of thing (esp since for many working this could be a slow week) - some are harder than others IMO, but they sometimes give you hints too:

Oh, I thought you were referring to this game:

Find the bacon in this photo.

Oh, I thought you were referring to this game:

Find the bacon in this photo.

you know, it would be sort of amusing if when confronting suicide-bomber terrorists who have just died, Allah said to them, "So, you really thought that murdering people would get you into heaven? Well, then here are your 72 virgins... but remember, no touching of pork or else you are going right to hell."

Finished it. Got all the things, even the extra ones. Never got enuff boxes to solve the last puzzle. Not bad.

Never got enuff boxes to solve the last puzzle.

Wimp. :wacko: They are hard sometimes. Some of those fn gears in that later level were pretty sneaky too. The gold boxes in that last lvl were a real #$@ w/all that gold in the room. Even after going thru it I'm not sure I could do it again w/o at least one hint.

Wimp. :D They are hard sometimes. Some of those fn gears in that later level were pretty sneaky too. The gold boxes in that last lvl were a real #$@ w/all that gold in the room. Even after going thru it I'm not sure I could do it again w/o at least one hint.

Thru level 6 (second time) got all the boxes, all the items. :wacko: Save the hints for the boxes. Dumby! :D

On lvl 6, Not using any hints. Man up wuss. :D

edit: I really hate the fn gold boxes. :wacko:

Man up my ass! They give the hints...I use the hints to find the boxes! You will never find them w/o the hints. :D NEVER!

Wrong and stop showing me your best side. :D Some are really hard. Once in a great while I'll get lucky by randomly clicking around suspect areas. In fact I was just to lvl 6 finding everything w/o hints...and accidentally hit "end level." And hadn't saved progress. :wacko: Back up to lvl 3 now.

GB mindless PC entertainment around the holidays though.

Great game! I just started playing. It's been pretty easy to this point. Maybe all the experience and practice with those find the hidden pictures in the Highlights magazines when I was a kid are helping out now. With the exception of one, I found the all golden blocks in levels 1 and 2 pretty quickly. I'm liking this game, going to play some more...

The golden bars on level 3-The Docks were the easiest so far.

Don't brag. :wacko: Some of these are kinda ridiculous though IMO - if you can find everything w/o using a hint, I'm impressed. The cool thing too is there's a lot more than just the things they ask for, so you can go back and do it over and will have to find some diff stuff (some overlap though).

I remember this from magazines as a kid too, I guess that's the appeal.

Don't brag. :wacko: Some of these are kinda ridiculous though IMO - if you can find everything w/o using a hint, I'm impressed. The cool thing too is there's a lot more than just the things they ask for, so you can go back and do it over and will have to find some diff stuff (some overlap though).

I remember this from magazines as a kid too, I guess that's the appeal.

Haven't used a hint yet and haven't spent more than 2-3 minutes on any level. I really think those magazines have helped. Not bragging at all, just saying this is down right easy. And I agree there's a bunch of stuff at each level that is just thrown in there that isn't even stuff they want you to find. I find that the gold bars stick out like a sore thumb. I usually find those in about 15-20 seconds.

Both the comb and keyboard were very well hidden on level 5 as well. I'm loving this game!! Great Find BeeR!

Edited by irish

I've got a game from Wild Tangent, but this is harder. The gold boxes, finding them all, is real tough (only did it on one level and not sure what they do.)

FWIW...I got to the SHIP. Decent game.

There's a hidden vault with small square holes on level 6 that the boxes are supposed to fit into.

Edited by irish

I found level 8 to be pretty challenging. I haven't used any hints to this point but I was getting to the point where I was at least considering it. The golden boxes were still pretty easy to find but the carved knife, oak leaf, arrowtip, glass egg and eggplant were all well hidden.

I cheated on the egg, that was kind of bogus IMO (it should have looked "clear" or shiny or something). Sometimes too my image of what they mean doesn't match which doesn't help, like a "watch" that turns out to be a pocket watch, not a wrist watch. Also there have been a few where they only show a piece of it (less than half sometimes) which is IMO kind of unfair.

I'm stuck on 9 right now, one thing left, damned if I can find......

Edited by BeeR

I cheated on the egg, that was kind of bogus IMO (it should have looked "clear" or shiny or something). Sometimes too my image of what they mean doesn't match which doesn't help, like a "watch" that turns out to be a pocket watch, not a wrist watch. Also there have been a few where they only show a piece of it (less than half sometimes) which is IMO kind of unfair.

I'm stuck on 9 right now, one thing left, damned if I can find......

Yeah, I agree that some things have been very unclear. On one of the levels it says A Letter. I was clicking on 2 or 3 letters (envelopes that I saw and nothing. Until I finally realized what they were asking for.

I'm on level 9 right now as well. I found all 5 gold boxes and all 12 gears and just have to find 4 more items.

ETA: The glass egg was a bit unfair but as soon as I saw it, I was like oh there it is. Sometimes you feel crazy about not seeing something but you're often either looking to hard or not hard enough. (that was a yogi berra comment). :wacko:

Edited by irish