[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The superbowl in my league was one of the craziest games in fantasy history!

42zero

I lost in the semi finals so I wasn't involved in this but it was still crazy to watch. Going into monday nights game Team A was beating team B 80.14 - 52.26. Team A was finished and had no players left while team B had AP, Percy & Minn D. Going into the 3rd quarter of monday nights game with Minn playing horrible it is looking like team A is going to cruise to an easy victory. Then in the 3rd Peterson scores a TD and gives team B a glimpse of hope. As the 3rd quarter is coming to a close team A is still winning by 13 or so and it is getting interesting. In the 4th quarter Peterson gets his 2nd TD and Percy catches a few passes which gives team B the lead by 3.5 points or so. The score is 84.36 - 80.14 and Team A has no players left so he has just watched his team helplessly lose. The game is going to over time but that should just allow team B to score even more points right? Well team B has Minn D and in our league if your defense allows 35+ points you lose 4 points. Well since team B is still winning by 4.22 that would not even help and TD's in over time rarely happen anyway unless its 1 big play. But wait....Peterson catches a 16 yard pass and fumbles which is a .4 difference and makes the score 83.96 - 80.14. Then Cutler throws the big TD giving the Bears 35 points and taking 4 points away from team B. Team A wins by miracle with a final score of 80.14 - 79.96. WHAT A SUPER BOWL!!!!

I lost in the semi finals so I wasn't involved in this but it was still crazy to watch. Going into monday nights game Team A was beating team B 80.14 - 52.26. Team A was finished and had no players left while team B had AP, Percy & Minn D. Going into the 3rd quarter of monday nights game with Minn playing horrible it is looking like team A is going to cruise to an easy victory. Then in the 3rd Peterson scores a TD and gives team B a glimpse of hope. As the 3rd quarter is coming to a close team A is still winning by 13 or so and it is getting interesting. In the 4th quarter Peterson gets his 2nd TD and Percy catches a few passes which gives team B the lead by 3.5 points or so. The score is 84.36 - 80.14 and Team A has no players left so he has just watched his team helplessly lose. The game is going to over time but that should just allow team B to score even more points right? Well team B has Minn D and in our league if your defense allows 35+ points you lose 4 points. Well since team B is still winning by 4.22 that would not even help and TD's in over time rarely happen anyway unless its 1 big play. But wait....Peterson catches a 16 yard pass and fumbles which is a .4 difference and makes the score 83.96 - 80.14. Then Cutler throws the big TD giving the Bears 35 points and taking 4 points away from team B. Team A wins by miracle with a final score of 80.14 - 79.96. WHAT A SUPER BOWL!!!!

That does suck....brutal.

Heh! That does suck, and guess what.....

I had Peterson and MIN Def last night, with the exact same scenario, EXCEPT I ended up winning by one pt. I thought the fumble and pts. scored in OT put me at a tie, which would make me lose in a tie breaker....after all recalculations, I won by one point.

Stupid MIN should have put away CHI, but screwed themselves and almost my fantasy team....and "I know" the results of my fantasy season were weighing heavy on Peterson and company. They felt way too much pressure on themselves in this game by trying to ensure my win. :wacko:

Wow. That was a great championship game. I love that kind of drama in the final game.

Just imagine being team B and celebrating what seemed to be the SB victory. Dancing around shouting out loud so the whole neighborhood can hear, "CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!" But wait, we go to OT. Team B still feeling confident as likely a FG decides the game and that only makes 33 points. But after the AP fumble, team B just about starts to shiat his pants. "HOLD THEM TO A FG, VIKES!", yells Team B. Then the winning pass in OT. Team B experiences every bodily function imaginable. He pisses his pants while the turds run down his drawers. He then pukes on the carpet as his wife gets totally pissed off. But not as pissed as team B. He now needs a new HD TV as he has destroyed the one he has been watching. All this over a FF championship.

Any of this sound familiar? If so, get a life and seek serious mental help. Oh, and call the carpet people. That's now #1 on your honey-do list.

Just imagine being team B and celebrating what seemed to be the SB victory. Dancing around shouting out loud so the whole neighborhood can hear, "CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!" But wait, we go to OT. Team B still feeling confident as likely a FG decides the game and that only makes 33 points. But after the AP fumble, team B just about starts to shiat his pants. "HOLD THEM TO A FG, VIKES!", yells Team B. Then the winning pass in OT. Team B experiences every bodily function imaginable. He pisses his pants while the turds run down his drawers. He then pukes on the carpet as his wife gets totally pissed off. But not as pissed as team B. He now needs a new HD TV as he has destroyed the one he has been watching. All this over a FF championship.

Any of this sound familiar? If so, get a life and seek serious mental help. Oh, and call the carpet people. That's now #1 on your honey-do list.

:wacko:

Wow, what an amazing ending... I lost my FF championship last night because Shiancoe limped off and never returned while I was only down 1 pt.

But last year I had a similar scenario. I was up pretty big going into the prime time game (Giants - Panthers). Well my opponent had DeAngelo and John Kasay. If you recall, DeAngelo scored 4 TDs in that game. Well, if Kasay would have hit the game winning FG at the end of regulation, I would have lost my FF SB. Instead he missed, and John Fox put in J. Stew for the Panthers' only possession in OT. I won by less than a point. It takes seriously crazy ass luck to win sometimes.

:wacko:

Jax, you just have a whole new perspective on life after this year, don't you? :D

And yes 42zero, that's a hell of a champ-een-ship game.

In the consolation bowl in Fusion I was down 55.7 pts to Rajn (187.30 to 131.60). Rajn was done and I had AP, Jared Allen and Hillenmeyer...Before the game even started I figured I pretty much had zero shot at pulling out a win....Thought my best shot was if Peterson ran for around 150+ with 2-3 TDs and needed a HUGH game from Allen....well AP went off but Allen laid a 4 pt egg....but Hulkenmeyer(as rajn called him) went off.....thing is that I had the game won at the end of regulation by LESS than a point (think it was like .60)...so when it goes to OT I am like crap if AP fumbles I am gonna get screwed and sure enough he fumbled but then I noticed it was Hillenmeyer that got the tackle and caused the fumble so no harm was done and I was able to still hold on to win 192.30 to 187.30