[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama "State of the Union" to bump LOST season premiere?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/State-Union-Lost-1013442.aspx

In the ultimate battle between our real and fantasy lives, Lost's final season premiere may be bumped by President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.

The White House is currently considering either Jan. 26 or Feb. 2 — the night of the premiere — for the State of the Union speech, The Wrap reports. Lost fans aren't exactly the most patient bunch, and a Twitter hash tag has already been started to protest the possible scheduling conflict, #NoStateofUnionFeb2.

The Obama administration hasn't decided on Feb. 2, the site reports. However, if officials do choose to take that major piece of primetime real estate, Lost may have to move its premiere until the following Tuesday, Feb. 9.

Of course, there's no pleasing everyone: The Jan. 26 date would interrupt an all-new episode of American Idol. The White House refused to comment on the scheduling matter.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/State-Union-Lost-1013442.aspx

In the ultimate battle between our real and fantasy lives, Lost's final season premiere may be bumped by President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.

The White House is currently considering either Jan. 26 or Feb. 2 — the night of the premiere — for the State of the Union speech, The Wrap reports. Lost fans aren't exactly the most patient bunch, and a Twitter hash tag has already been started to protest the possible scheduling conflict, #NoStateofUnionFeb2.

The Obama administration hasn't decided on Feb. 2, the site reports. However, if officials do choose to take that major piece of primetime real estate, Lost may have to move its premiere until the following Tuesday, Feb. 9.

Of course, there's no pleasing everyone: The Jan. 26 date would interrupt an all-new episode of American Idol. The White House refused to comment on the scheduling matter.

Both should be called LOST so it may not matter :wacko:

the state of union shouldn't take that long....

if you believe in an even larger, more intrusive government, then everything is great!!!!

if you believe in the opposite, well... suck it up for a while cause it isn't gonna get better anytime soon!!

Now back to your regular programming....

Edited by millerx

State of the Union will NOT be on February 2nd...

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01...-the-union-but/

The White House will not say when President Obama’s State of the Union Address will be delivered. They did say, however, when it will not be: During the three-hour season premier of the final season of “Lost” on ABC, which airs on Feb. 2.

Fans of the television series about marooned plane crash survivors have created a stir on the Internet over the possibility that Mr. Obama would schedule his speech on the same night of the show.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, told reporters today that he could “allay fears” of those who watch “Lost.” He said the president’s speech will not be on Feb. 2. “I don’t foresee a scenario in which the millions of people that hope to finally get some conclusion in ‘Lost’ are preempted by the president,” Mr. Gibbs said.

He did not explicitly say the decision was made because of the hit program, but administration officials have acknowledged being lobbied to keep the State of the Union away from Feb. 2. “I assume it’s a big deal at ABC,” Mr. Gibbs said.

Edited by posty

Whew . . . that is a relief.

I am REALLY looking forward to this State of the Union after this year, and I REALLY hope that the Republicans have a better reply than the crap job done by Bobby Jindal last year. If there is ever an opportunity for the right to start mobilizing for 2010 elections . . . after the SOTU with all the failed timelines is it.

Whew . . . that is a relief.

I am REALLY looking forward to this State of the Union after this year, and I REALLY hope that the Republicans have a better reply than the crap job done by Bobby Jindal last year. If there is ever an opportunity for the right to start mobilizing for 2010 elections . . . after the SOTU with all the failed timelines is it.

Me too, though I imagine I'll be doing my best Joe Wilson impersonation several times during the president's speech. I agree the rebuttal is a great chance for the Republicans to jump start a bunch of campaigns. I hope whoever does it, that it is better than what Jindal did last year, as that was just pathetic..

Me too, though I imagine I'll be doing my best Joe Wilson impersonation several times during the president's speech. I agree the rebuttal is a great chance for the Republicans to jump start a bunch of campaigns. I hope whoever does it, that it is better than what Jindal did last year, as that was just pathetic..

Jindal was terrible.

I just hope that there arent any REAL Joe Wilson comments during the speech. No matter what, that was completely classless in inappropriate.

Prime opportunity . . lets see if the right can take advantage . .