[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comcast vs dish or At & t Uverse/WOW . .etc

bpwallace49

I just read all the previous threads on this topic and STILL have no idea which way to go. currently have Comcast triple play, which I am not happy with and I am debating a change.

WOW has some nice deals, but I have no idea what to expect, does anyone have this?

Outside of the NFL network and package, why would a dish be better than wired cable?

It doesnt rain all that much around Chicago, so I doubt they would have outages often. BUT does snow affect dishes like rain does?

Anyone have AT & T Uverse? They have a decent offer, but at my job I just canned them for screwing up our VOiP service for 4 straight days so I am leery . .

Decisions, decisions . .

Edited by bpwallace49

I switched from Time Warner Cable to AT&T UVerse and I'm pretty happy with it. It took a little getting used to the new menu but it wasn't that difficult. Unfortunately, one of the reasons I switched was because of price - Time Warner kept increasing their rates year after year and so I went with UVerse which was offering me a deal for 6 months. Well, I just got a letter from UVerse saying they are raising their rates another $5. Sigh.

So, from a price standpoint my experience is that all of them pretty much are the same - UVerse, Time Warner, and DirecTV (still have the dish on my roof).

I have had no problems with any of those services but I like UVerse the best because I can record up to 4 standard channels (2 HD channels) and can watch those recordings in any room with a UVerse box.

Dude - sorry to hear you got canned. Tough market out there (I was off for two months) but I hope you can find something soon.

Edited by tosberg34

I've had the dish for 10 years and have rarely lost picture from rain or snow. Heavy cloud cover like thunderstorms will know it out while it passes ( rarely more than a half hour). Happens maybe a handful of times, usually in summer.

Though if snow piles up on the dish it has to be pushed off of it.

I've had WOW for years. They have excellent customer service (I think they win the award every year for that). My BIG problem with them currently is while they offer NFL network they had a contract squabble and the 8 NFL games that NFN shows per year are not shown with WOW. At gametime, they switch to some other NFN programming. Drives me f'n nuts. Other than that I am happy.

:D

Anyway, I have Comcast Triple Play and I like it a lot.

+1

Wouldnt mind if it was a little cheaper, but I have had Comcast for years with no problems so I stick with them.

I NEVER use the damn phone in my triple play, which is why I have been exploring other options.

I rarely use mine as well. Couple times I have called them to cancel it and they basically end up throwing it in for free (or so little that it's worth it to keep it)... :wacko: