[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fort Knox has fake gold?

Avernus

It is a very good conductor, and it is very malleable and ductile. It also is very resistant to oxidation. It has many uses.

How did you get so smart in the construction industry Perch? Yes, gold is an excellent conductor and is resistant to oxidation, that is why it is used quite a bit in the semiconductor industry. :wacko:

I'll wait for the snopes verification before classifying this as anything greater than :wacko:
I'll call bullpoopy on this one. The 1.3-1.5m fake gold bars would have represented about 10% of the volume of gold discovered in the history of the world. There is no chance that volume of forgeries would be produced and not be noticed.

Plus the article goes on to say that there are still 640k of the blanks in Fort Knox. 640k 400 troy ounce bars equals 256m troy ounces, about 75% more then what the US Mint says is even stored at Fort Knox. Plus the mint also says that gold shipments don't happen from the depository, either to or from.

honestly, I think silver should be worth more and gold worth less....

silver has more uses and historically the ratio has always been 15:1 in value from silver to gold.....right now it's about 70:1....

gold is over valued as it is and silver has more uses - gold is just a lot more scarce...

silver can be used for medicine, solar panels, electronics etc etc...and gold doesn't have half the usefulness that silver does...

silver has more uses and historically the ratio has always been 15:1 in value from silver to gold.....right now it's about 70:1....

gold is over valued as it is and silver has more uses - gold is just a lot more scarce...

silver can be used for medicine, solar panels, electronics etc etc...and gold doesn't have half the usefulness that silver does...

Plus the whole benefits of killin werewolves . . . . damn "Twilight" books . . . :wacko:

Much like diamonds versus rubies, emeralds and sapphires. If my info is correct, I read that diamonds are WAY less rare than the other gems, it's just De Beer's has a heck of a marketing plan...