[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tax Question

nuke'em ttg

Would need get more information to answer your question but here is a link to the IRS website that should help.

Do You Need to File a Federal Income Tax Return?

Thanks Bill, i'll go over it with'er.....last year they charged her $125.00 and she felt robbed

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Wow, i can't believe how much ya can get done on the net these days, Thanks Ursa...this will give us somethun ta do tagether and break up her day :wacko:

:D if we have to, i'll check that 1st

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Wow, i can't believe how much ya can get done on the net these days, Thanks Ursa...this will give us somethun ta do tagether and break up her day :wacko:

You'd have to pay for State but you could most likely do that in 30 minutes by hand instead.

Edit: She is likely due a refund - see the reference BYoder posted.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Just as a tip, nuke, if there is ANY question, file a return. While they can only go back on you seven years for an audit, not filing a return can bite you in the ass. It isn't their money, but it IS their pride. A fedgov agent from the IRS is not one you want to screw with.

Just as a tip, nuke, if there is ANY question, file a return. While they can only go back on you seven years for an audit, not filing a return can bite you in the ass. It isn't their money, but it IS their pride. A fedgov agent from the IRS is not one you want to screw with.

point takin :wacko: f'n pencil pushers

Good post and I have a question as well. My wife and I usually file jointly. However, this year she has her own company. Can we still file jointly and have her file her business tax return separately, or should we file her bus. tax return, figure out her income based on that, then file jointly? I think the later makes the most sense, but I'm not sure.

Good post and I have a question as well. My wife and I usually file jointly. However, this year she has her own company. Can we still file jointly and have her file her business tax return separately, or should we file her bus. tax return, figure out her income based on that, then file jointly? I think the later makes the most sense, but I'm not sure.

Is her business a sole proprietorship/partnership or set up as a corp (or s-corp)?

It's an LLC

Is she a single-member LLC? If so, just file schedule C for her business on your personal tax return. No separate return would be required.

If she has a partner they will need to file form 1065 and then she will receive a K-1 with her share of the income. Once you receive the K-1 you can finish your personal return.

Is she a single-member LLC? If so, just file schedule C for her business on your personal tax return. No separate return would be required.

If she has a partner they will need to file form 1065 and then she will receive a K-1 with her share of the income. Once you receive the K-1 you can finish your personal return.

Right - NAU, listen to yoder. I'm an accountant but taxes aren't my strong suit (I'm more systems guy/tech weenie). Yoder, OTOH, is a CPA if memory serves and lives and breathes taxes.