[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!

CaptainHook

Great game !!! :D

Jets fans have to be pleased. I never expected them to have a post-season like that, and the future looks very bright.

Congrats to the Colts fans. Regardless of the opponent, I think it is going to be a great Super Bowl match-up.

:wacko:

The Jets fans may not get to see the SB, but their team not only far exceeded all expectations, but are just getting better and better. I have to think the Pats watched this with the realization that they will no longer own the East. Sanchez was very impressive. Losing Greene hurt the Jets and missing a couple of FGs.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once the green lost greene, their one dimensional offense became, well, none dimensional. 0 points in the 2nd half.

sanchez was dirty good, but you knew that pick was coming, not that it matter to much.

revis and lowry had good games but the team defense (read DC) broke down...can't do that against what's his name.

the greater of two evils won today.

revis and lowry had good games but the team defense (read DC) broke down...can't do that against what's his name.

Lowery was toasted by Garcon today. He couldn't cover him.

And :wacko: at former Colt Donald Strickland leaving the game with an injury. The dude couldn't stay healthy for two consecutive games when he was drafted and the three years he spent here.

Edited by CaptainHook

Congrats to the Colts and their fans. Manning was nothing short of absolutely incredible. He got balls into some very small sapces for big plays, often when Garcon and Collie were pretty well covered. Garcon is a freakin stud. I knew he was good, but he looked "all time good" yesterday. Now go rep the AFC!

I really didn't think I would be so crushed by the defeat. Maybe a combination of how the game went in the first half and Sanchez's performance, I really had my hopes up there for a while. I knew the Colts were going to win after that drive at the end of the first half. Manning had figured it out, and just as importantly, so did the Colts' O line. The air was out of the sails for the Jets after that. They played a great first half, only to have it all taken away in yet another Manning 2 minute drill.

It didn't help that Greene and Strickland got hurt. T Jones has tired legs at this point. The Jets need another quality CB and a beast pass rusher if they ever want to beat this Colts team. I wish Feeley had hit at least one of those FG's just to make the score reflect what kind of a game it was, and how well the Jets played. I wasn't surprised that the Colts got some yards on the ground, the Jets sold out to defend the pass.

On the up side, Sanchez played really well. Once Greene went down, they should have gone more to the pass and rolled the dice. Jones is clearly not running as well as he was a month ago. Loser's lament, but the future for this team looks brighter than it has in a very long time.

Congrats again to the Colts and their fans!

Donald Strickland is injury prone. You just can never count on him.

The Greene loss was big, but the Colts offense was clicking. I don't think the running game would have helped.

Like I said in another thread, I had a feeling the Jets had some deep shots planned, and they worked. But this Colts team never panics when they are down. I think a lot of the Jets talking silently fueled the Colts fire.

The Colts defense held the Jets to under a hundred yards rushing. The Colts offense ran for over a hundred yards.

Turnovers were not a big deal in this game, although the Jets could have made Addai's fumble hurt if they could have scored a TD.