[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another entrepreneur loses his business

muck

:wacko: I am surprised it lasted this long. Not enough hate and anger based programming . . .

Maybe it just should have been more "fair and balanced" :D

:D That's funny, I always thought Rachel Madcow was always full of hate and anger, Hmm

maybe it was something else she was Full Of :D.

I'm shocked and surprised by this. We certainly don't get enough left-wing points of view in the media at all. After they go out of business where am I going to go to get my daily diet of left wing propaganda? There's not many left (pun intended). :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

Liberals don't need to be spoonfed their propaganda like the Rush zombies so who cares about this anyway? Anyone here even know where it was on the dial, much less listen to it?

Nope and nope, and I couldn't tell you where to find Rush either. Don't believe he is on Sirius though.

Liberals don't need to be spoonfed their propaganda like the Rush zombies so who cares about this anyway?

I would say that you've been spoonfed so much that you wouldn't recognized it anymore. You've been getting it daily for the last 35, 40 years through the MSM (ABC, CBS, NBC, and many others).

Right-wing radio was the response to this.

Right-wing radio was the response to this.

Right wing radio was a response to scared and angry people needing to be reminded daily of what they are scared and angry about and nothing more. Rush and the like saw a way to make money feeding off of the fear. Seriously, don't try to read more into the right wing radio movement than what it is.

Right wing radio was a response to scared and angry people needing to be reminded daily of what they are scared and angry about and nothing more. Rush and the like saw a way to make money feeding off of the fear. Seriously, don't try to read more into the right wing radio movement than what it is.

I respectfully disagree. I think trying to generalize it to "scared and angry" people is ridiculous which suggests that you're in denial. It's about giving a voice to people who had not had one for many, many years due to the overwhelmingly liberal slant most of the media has.

I respectfully disagree. I think trying to generalize it to "scared and angry" people is ridiculous which suggests that you're in denial. It's about giving a voice to people who had not had one for many, many years due to the overwhelmingly liberal slant most of the media has.

:wacko: Always the victim.

Scared and angry is right. What about? About some America that never actually existed being replaced by some other America that doesn't exist and never will. Rush and the legion of other commentators are liars and charlatans but they decidedly aren't fools. They identified an audience and captured it. Now all they do is maintain it.

Look, I don't know who founded or who owned Radio America.

This was simply a comment that it's sad anytime a fellow American has an idea, runs like crazy to make it happen, only to see it fail.

This wasn't put forward as an opportunity to play any political card.

Scared and angry is right. What about? About some America that never actually existed being replaced by some other America that doesn't exist and never will. Rush and the legion of other commentators are liars and charlatans but they decidedly aren't fools. They identified an audience and captured it. Now all they do is maintain it.

Again, I disagree - and I don't even listen to Rush. But when you generalize people who don't agree with you as "scared and angry" then you lose me and everyone else.

:wacko: That's funny, I always thought Rachel Madcow was always full of hate and anger, Hmm

maybe it was something else she was Full Of :D.

While I will not mourn the loss of Air America (listened to it at first, and gave it quite a few chances, but it was basically just as stupid as the right wing whacko shows (ie. whatever the other side is for we are against! logic and consistency be damned!)) and there were quite a few angry and mentally weak hosts (randy rhoades, al franken, and a few REAL nutjobs). to call Rachel Maddow full of 'hate and anger' is really silly. Also Air America has gone broke, but Rachel Maddow has taken off, so I don't even get your point

Either way, I think that Maddow is a very poised, and bright pundit. Call her snarky and sarcastic if you will, but hate and anger? Just don't see it. Looks to me that your point was just a little senseless name calling.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ya mental midget hoser