[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY JETS

Shorttynaz

:wacko:

For the record, I haven't said a negative word. So the broad stroke is a tad off the mark.

Actually, you made ther broad stroke before I did in another thread, about Jets fans. message boards and newspapers, but whatever. I think the first half of the sig is manure too. But, whatever.

The Jets have a very good group of LB's in Harris, Scott and Pace. That comment is kinda silly. The Jets do need another DE or LB that is an absolute force in the pass rush, that is a hole. Calling this group just average is simply a blatantly wrong assessment. If they are average, show me ten teams with a better LB corp. They are the strength of this top ranked defense, along with Revis.

Edwards is not as bad as most think he is. Yes, he drops balls. He also makes some great catches. He has been really good blocking for the rushing attack. He is a legit deep threat... and he proved that yesterday. Cotchery is one of the most reliable possession WR's in the NFL. Some of the catches he made on the sidelines in the playoffs this year were sick good. The Jets could use a good slot reciever, no doubt.

Aside from Mangold and Faneca, there is another pro bowler on that line, the LT. He isn't elite, but he's pretty good and he's young. Leonard is a very solid safety, but Rhodes blows donkey appendages. The Jets need another S and another CB. along with a dangerous pass rusher. I think the offense is fine, as Sanchez develops, although I worry about Greene's durability.

No, this team is just a notch above " a lot of other good teams". They need more pieces, but they are above that group of "good teams". How many other teams could have traveled to the west coast and beaten the Chargers? How many others could have played INDY so tight for a half?

Give the Colts some credit. They beat a good team.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's where you're wrong. The Colts have learned a lot over the years about big games, about AFC Championships. They let their play do the talking. They don't panic when they are down. They make great adjustments on the fly. They've learned how to focus and prepare for these games. I thought that was pretty evident yesterday. When the Colts scored before the half, you could see the dejection of the Jets. And they had the lead.

True, I'll definitely give you that. Colts (Manning) are more mature now and shows it.

Edited by MrTed46

Actually, you made ther broad stroke before I did in another thread, about Jets fans. message boards and newspapers, but whatever.

Actually, that was me. And it's true. I've never seen more ridiculous posts than what I've seen on the Gang Green message board. And your newspapers are hilarious. They were "shocked" that Jets fans outnumbered Colts fans in downtown hotels. In Indianapolis. :wacko:

I think the first half of the sig is manure too. But, whatever.

:D Then don't make sig line bets!

He's a rookie. Even if he doesn't turn into a Manning or Brady (and he won't) he doesn't need to be. A great D and an extremely solid running game reduces what is required of Sanchez. If he can become a serviceable game manager who they don't have to worry about costing them game, he won't have to win the game. I think Jets fans have a lot to look forward to the next couple of years.

One thing to remember...this NFL is very different than that of 20 years ago. A good season one year does not make a better season the next. It is possible, but not a guarantee. Many times you will have a team on the brink and they go backwards not forwards. With free agency and salary caps teams come from nowhere and disappear unexpectedly. Of course it is the NEW YORK Jets so we have to believe they will be great and dominant next year. They could just as easily miss the playoff as make it. Hell you had last years champ not even make the playoffs.

The Jets have a very good group of LB's in Harris, Scott and Pace. That comment is kinda silly. The Jets do need another DE or LB that is an absolute force in the pass rush, that is a hole. Calling this group just average is simply a blatantly wrong assessment. If they are average, show me ten teams with a better LB corp. They are the strength of this top ranked defense, along with Revis.

Bart Scott is an overrated mouth. And he'll be 30 at he start of next year. Harris is pretty good. Pace is average.

Sanchez has no idea how to work as hard as Peyton Manning does. Not yet.

He never will. Football brains like Manning's come along once in a lifetime. There is no parallel to him in the football intelligence area and that is underpinned by an obsessional eye for detail and appetite for work. Sure, there may have been better pure passers (though that's a very small field if it exists), certainly better runners, perhaps better leaders but as far as working to be able to unlock any defense and turn pretty much any receiver into a superstar, no-one else is close.

I think the first half of the sig is manure too. But, whatever.

dude, you included manure in your cincy-jets sig line. something about all bengal fans living in a pig sty and liking it. that was far worse trash than this one and i manned up and wore the thing. quit your pansy biatching.

Actually, you made ther broad stroke before I did in another thread, about Jets fans. message boards and newspapers, but whatever. I think the first half of the sig is manure too. But, whatever.

Two things:

First - I did not say a single word about Jets' fans, etc.. In fact, if you re-read my posts, I was very complimentary about the Jets' fans we sat by.

Second - the sig line was largely my doing and frankly I believe it. I know that ifs and buts mean nothing, but nothing anyone can say will change my mind that the Jets were going to lose that game had the Colts not sat their guys - in a largely similar fashion as yesterday's game - Jets hang for a while but in the end just didn't have the horses (pun intended).

I think the first half of the sig is manure too.

Ok, lets break it down:

I, as Jets Fan, acknowledge that the only reason we were in the playoffs to begin with is because the Colts sat their starters in the first meeting

I'll presume you aren't going to dispute you are a Jets fan. You yourself even said "If the Colts left their starters in, the Jets lose by 10 to 14 points" referring to the week 16 game. You can't call it manure we we didn't put the words in your mouth. If we beat you week 16, I believe you were eliminated from the playoffs due to tie breaking rules. Therefor, by your own words the Colts let the Jets into the playoffs. The Jets did their part to earn it for the most part...but it took the Colts help in pulling the starters.

and that they properly disposed of our asses in the AFC Championship game.

And we did. We threw for more yards then anyone else has on the Jets, one of the leagues worst rushing games ran performed above their average, and the Colts contained the leagues best rushing game.

I can understand the disappointment from losing. I was feeling some of that during the first half of the game. But nothing in the sig is so egregious that a impartial 3rd party could even consider saying "yeah, that's overly harsh".

You know. I'm not a cocky fan of any football squad.

Let's be realistic my three teams are the Jets, Raiders, and Panthers. The only 3 teams i root for consistently.....kinda hard to be cocky with them.

Anyway back on topic. The Jets do have a solid squad. As said above, their linebackers are above average. They could use another solid safety...maybe Taylor Mays? I sure do hope so, but i doubt he'd fall to us.

I say congrats Colts fans, and wear this sig line for you guys.

I do think the Jets have a great nucleus in Revis, Sanchez, Keller, Greene, Washington, Mangold, and Ferguson. I'd throw in Faneca, but he's too old to be part of this youth movement. Definitely in a better situation than most teams. Ryan's defensive concept is great against most quarterbacks. I think they will be contenders for the forseeable future.

But, their wide receivers are awful. They don't have a #1 WR on the roster. Jets fans were holding their breath hoping Braylon Edwards made the catch on that bomb. His ridiculous dance after he scored was hilarious. He really should have just knelt down and thanked God he didn't drop it. Cotchery is just ok. After that, they have nothing.

Defensively, relying on Kris Jenkins and Donald Strickland to stay healthy, is not a great plan. They really need a consistent pass rusher so they don't have to blitz so much. Their other cornerbacks are servicable, but would be better with a pass rush. Their linebackers and safeties are average as well.

That being said, I think you can say the above about a lot of good teams (good group of core players, the rest are role players). But the Jets have a great young group of very good players. If they can find a wide receiver and a pass rusher, they move up from "good" to "very good". And they have a few years to figure it out.

A lot of Jets fans I've come across really felt like the Jets "deserved" to win this game. They didn't. The Colts have had years of frustration to get to this point. I'd have been pissed to see some rookie QB make the Super Bowl as if it was easy. I think that's why I dislike Brady so much. The Jets will be around for a while, but Sanchez has no idea how to work as hard as Peyton Manning does. Not yet.

So your love for Brady started after his second Superbowl appearance? Or was it his 3rd or the 4th??

I just want to be clear...... :wacko:

Runt, my mistake, it was Hook...

Hey, I'm wearin the sig. I don't have to like it. I don't have to agree with it. I just have to wear it. Sorry if I am not groveling enough to suit you Hook. Deal with it. Tonorator whined about his sig too, but wants to call me out here? After calling me an assface? OK...LOL.

The Jets had a chance in this game. Losing Strickland did hurt. Yes, the guy is injury prone, but the Jets had to change their D scheme significantly after that. Leonard didn't blitz even one time after he went down. Losing Greene hurt too. Jones was on a bad wheel and was obviously worn down in the playoffs. The Jets OWNED the Colts for 28 minutes in the first half. That is proof that the week 16 game was no automatic loss if the Colts kept their starters in.

The Colts are a very average team with the best QB in the history of the NFL. They aren't the Indianapolis Colts, they are the Manning Colts. The Jets are the better team. The Colts have the best QB ever. They won because of Manning, and no other reason. He was perfect in the second half. Best QB performance I ever saw.

The Colts are a very average team with the best QB in the history of the NFL. They aren't the Indianapolis Colts, they are the Manning Colts. The Jets are the better team. The Colts have the best QB ever. They won because of Manning, and no other reason. He was perfect in the second half. Best QB performance I ever saw.

Whatever. Sour grapes dude. The Colts D held the Jets to under 100 yards. And out-rushed them. You can complain all you want to about injuries, but the Colts have been ravaged this year. They've lost half of their starting secondary (FS Bob Sanders and CB Marlin Jackson) They've lost a starting linebacker (Tyjuan Hagler), their #2 WR (Anthony Gonzalez), kicker (Adam Vinatieri), and their replacement CB Jerraud Powers missed the AFC Championship too. Addai left the game injured as well. I find it interesting that Greene's ribs are NOT broken. Injuries happen. Great teams overcome them. Saying the Jets are the better team is ridiculous.

Edited by CaptainHook

Com'on man....last time I checked Manning doesn't play D.

Your Jets were shutdown, that's a big fat 0, in the second half.

Their defense 'out defensed' the number one defense in the league.

Give them credit on both sides of the ball....

Sour grapes.

You don't show up after the game, you don't get the sig line right, you whine about the sig, and somehow this is my fault? :D

Not your "fault". Where did I say anything even remotely like that? Hey, the last thing on my mind on Sunday was geeze, I'd better get to the Huddle right forkin now, or Hook might get annoyed!

I didn't post the sig for the Bengals or the SD games until the following day. I didn't realize you would be chomping at the bit like that. I mean, when the Jets won, posting the loser's sig was not the very next thing I had to do after the games were over. But it appears as though it was the very first thing on your mind when you got home from the game. :D

I would have been far too busy soaking up the glory of a great win against a very good team. To each his own I suppose. When the Jets won, I was in no rush. When they lost, I was in no rush. I posted the sig line a day later, both when the Jets won, and when the Jets lost.

I got a PM from taznib after the SD game. He asked me if he had agreed to the sig line bet. I didn't know. I wasn't about to go look at the thread to find out, either. I just told him if you signed up, wear it. If you didn't, don't. I don't really care either way. It's more about trash talking before the game, not afterwards. I don't chase people down after a sig bet. But you sure were, and you whined about it not being done fast enough for your liking? :wacko:

For you, it's apparently about gloating. Sounds like the first thing you did when you got home was go on line to write the sig. A very high priority. It isn't a high priority for me, win or lose. 24 hours is fine. Beitching about that is poor form, actually. I didn't get the sig line wrong... I didn'tknow it had to be done with instructions! I went back within 10 minutes to fix it, but yer beitchin about that too? Hook... you need to take a look at who is in poor form here.

As for sour grapes, I think not. The Jets lost. They lost to Manning. No need to trash the LB corp like you did... you sound more like sour grapes than I do. I say the Jets are the better team. I say Manning walks on water. Without Manning, the Colts are an average team.

Sounds like the first thing you did when you got home was go on line to write the sig. A very high priority.

Some clarity on just this part of your post...

When we first talked about it, I had asked if we (your side also) wanted to come up with the sig beforehand. Before you replied "no, do it afterward", Cdrudge and I had already come up with it. So it was actually ready and waiting. I think Cdrudge is who initially posted it once the game was over, not Hook.

Anyway..... carry on.

As the above post stated, it wasn't me that wrote the sig. In fact, I made no mention of it until 15 hours later when Infinity had posted, and not changed his sig. You hadn't even shown up yet. When you did show up, you got the sig wrong. And then complained about what it said. Spin it however you want though.

Trust me man, I enjoyed the Colts win very much. You need to check the time stamps on my posts.

And :wacko: at your assertion that I "trashed" the Jets LB's. My post was very complimentary. I noted what a great young core group of players the Jets have, and how I thought that they would be contenders for years to come. I said I thought their LB's were average. That's trashing them???? The only position I trashed was WR. I think Braylon Edwards is garbage. But guess what? That's just my opinion!

I also find it interesting that a lot of Jets fans are blaming the loss on injuries. As if they are the only team to endure them all year. The Jets got beat by the Colts defense as well. And as already mentioned, Manning doesn't play a bit on that side of the ball.

Edited by CaptainHook

I didn't post the sig for the Bengals or the SD games until the following day. I didn't realize you would be chomping at the bit like that. I mean, when the Jets won, posting the loser's sig was not the very next thing I had to do after the games were over. But it appears as though it was the very first thing on your mind when you got home from the game. :D

Sounds like the first thing you did when you got home was go on line to write the sig. A very high priority. It isn't a high priority for me, win or lose. 24 hours is fine.

:D

20 minutes after the Jets beat the Chargers you were online posting about it. First here . Seven minutes later you post the sig.

Two and a half hours after the Bengals game you posted the sig here.

:wacko:

Just callin' 'em like I see 'em.

Edited by CaptainHook