[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did I post this before TimC?!?!?!

bpwallace49

This recall is a big deal. Anyone remember Audi when they had the same problem? It almost devastated the company. But they came back, albeit to a lesser level. Let's not forget whether your a fan of "rice burners" or not....They employ a lot of Americans.

I hope they resolve this quick.

Anyone remember Audi when they had the same problem? It almost devastated the company. But they came back, albeit to a lesser level.

A lesser level? Audi is kicking ass. Its revamped its product line to compete with BMW. Its sales are up significantly. It increases its market share every year.

Arguably, its the most successful automobile manufacturer in the world over the last five years.

This recall is a big deal. Anyone remember Audi when they had the same problem? It almost devastated the company. But they came back, albeit to a lesser level. Let's not forget whether your a fan of "rice burners" or not....They employ a lot of Americans.

I seem to recall that Audi problem in the 80's was actually a lot to do about nothing.

Very true . . a lot of Toyota's get built in the US now . . .

Because TimC actually works for a living? :wacko:

:D

Troof! January is waaay too busy for me to come here and engage in any real conversations proving I've been correct all along to the traitors driving their POS foreign junk. You have to be really stupid to still be surprised that the Japs and Germans want to kill us all and take over. Oh well, back to work paying for those same little poor people that choose the totally wrong way and still wonder why this country is falling apart and they need constant help suckling from the Gubment teet.

I'll be back the second week of February or so to show you all the errors of your ways. For now, keep running around clueless and waiting for help everyone.

:D

Stopped at Kroger on the way to work this morning and as soon as I got out of my car a lady approached me and asked if I could jump start her car. I said sure and as my Accord was giving her Taurus a jump (which almost didn't happen because her hood was stuck and didn't want to open) I immediately thought of TimC. :wacko:

This is the American car I want to own:

http://karma.fiskerautomotive.com/gallery/index

Can't wait for them to roll out.

Base model is $87,900 and it does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. Way too little performance for that kind of scratch.

Base model is $87,900 and it does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. Way too little performance for that kind of scratch.

Did you see MPG?

The Karma uses Q-DRIVE plug-in hybrid technology, developed exclusively for Fisker Automotive by Quantum Technologies. A fully-charged Karma burns no fuel for the first 50 miles. Venture further and the gasoline engine turns a generator to charge the lithium ion battery. Once the 50-mile electric range has been exceeded, the car operates as a normal hybrid vehicle. This balance of electric and gas range makes it entirely possible that Karma drivers who charge their car overnight and commute less than 50 miles a day will achieve an average fuel economy of 100 mpg (2.4L/100km) per year.

Edited by MrTed46

A lesser level? Audi is kicking ass. Its revamped its product line to compete with BMW. Its sales are up significantly. It increases its market share every year.

Arguably, its the most successful automobile manufacturer in the world over the last five years.

Well you are right they are selling more now (~+10%) than their peak in 1985, but it took over 10 years to get there, but they lost 6% from last year.

2 good articles:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/2...-us-audi-sales/

http://thestar.blogs.com/crank/2010/01/can...ation-woes.html

I seem to recall that Audi problem in the 80's was actually a lot to do about nothing.

The first article points to the fact that is WAS a lot to do about nothing, actually CBS fabricating the facts. I don't recall that being publicized as much as the "initial findings".