[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please tell me what this is

cliaz

For those of you with google earth, please use the following coordinates and elevation and tell me lunch time for breakfast the Russians got going on. In the middle of no where is a weird town with a giant glowing ball.

56 18'23.42' N

160 49'31.15' E

elevation 243 ft

Best guess is that it's a small military installation. There are several silver planes and few helis by the air field. Perhaps that big ball is a radar dome. The "glow" might be a funny reflection of sunlight.

Maybe they chose that location because it's down in a valley and the wind isn't too bad. If you change the camera angle, you can see that the town kind of sits in a bowl, ringed by hills and mountains.

Best guess is that it's a small military installation. There are several silver planes and few helis by the air field. Perhaps that big ball is a radar dome. The "glow" might be a funny reflection of sunlight.

Maybe they chose that location because it's down in a valley and the wind isn't too bad. If you change the camera angle, you can see that the town kind of sits in a bowl, ringed by hills and mountains.

Good point with the disk. But, look how rounded it is. if you look through the outskirts of the town, you'll see a plane parked in the woods and another sphere that's brown. Peep the shadow coming off of it...it looks weird. Interesting.

Good point with the disk. But, look how rounded it is. if you look through the outskirts of the town, you'll see a plane parked in the woods and another sphere that's brown. Peep the shadow coming off of it...it looks weird. Interesting.

I think I found your plane at 56°18'35.43"N, 160°50'45.41"E Hunting that down was a pain in the ass - coordinates next time, please. The shadow does look a little asymmetrical, but maybe that's because the plane isn't parked, but rather banking in mid-flight. We only have a top-down image from an orbital camera, so it's pretty much impossible to distinguish a low flying aircraft from one that is landed.

It seems the glowing disks your talking about is just the light playing tricks with cylindrical storage tanks. Take a look at these two here:

56°18'12.10"N, 160°54'22.87"E

They are both the same size at aprox 65 feet in diameter. One is shinny, the other isn't.

Another example is the pair of towers at

56°18'32.28"N, 160°50'25.70"E

These two are also 65 feet, just like the two mentioned above and the one in the original post.

This is what worries me. The damn Rooskies have captured the General Lee:

56°18'35.67"N, 160°49'46.56"E

I think I found your plane at 56°18'35.43"N, 160°50'45.41"E Hunting that down was a pain in the ass - coordinates next time, please. The shadow does look a little asymmetrical, but maybe that's because the plane isn't parked, but rather banking in mid-flight. We only have a top-down image from an orbital camera, so it's pretty much impossible to distinguish a low flying aircraft from one that is landed.

It seems the glowing disks your talking about is just the light playing tricks with cylindrical storage tanks. Take a look at these two here:

56°18'12.10"N, 160°54'22.87"E

They are both the same size at aprox 65 feet in diameter. One is shinny, the other isn't.

Another example is the pair of towers at

56°18'32.28"N, 160°50'25.70"E

These two are also 65 feet, just like the two mentioned above and the one in the original post.

This is what worries me. The damn Rooskies have captured the General Lee:

56°18'35.67"N, 160°49'46.56"E

Now if I gave you the coordinates for the plane, what fun would that have been :wacko:

Awesome! You are my new GE friend. I have to go pull coordinates for the brush fires in Africa, they are awesome to look at from up high.

Another one but this one is on the top of a mountain on an island off the western coast of Africa. More than likely an observatory.

15 02' 15.41" N

23 37' 22.11' W

Elevation 4149 ft

More than likely, big and red

34° 7'14.36"N, 84° 0'15.66"W

:wacko:

Edited by 10g_DBA