[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss separated shoulder

pig devilz

:wacko: ....what do the haters have to say now?....lemmie guess

Wide receiver Randy Moss was diagnosed with a separated shoulder following the Patriots' season and that was the reason he did not play in the Pro Bowl, a league source said on Monday.

The severity of the injury is not known, although rest alone can often heal a separated shoulder.

Moss had surfaced on the injury report with a shoulder ailment three days after the Patriots' 20-17 overtime loss to the Broncos on Oct. 11. He remained on the injury report because of the shoulder through Nov. 6, although he played through the injury.

Moss had taken himself out of the Broncos game for two plays after a 36-yard reception in the third quarter. On the play, in which he caught a pass over the middle and then was running down the field, Moss considered a lateral before tucking the ball and then having three Broncos drive him into the ground.

Still, Moss returned to the game, and it is unclear if that was the play in which he injured his shoulder.

Moss started all 16 games this season and finished second on the team with 83 receptions for 1,264 yards and a team-high 13 touchdowns. He played in approximately 85 percent of the team's offensive snaps, easily a team-high among receivers.

Moss had played through significant back pain in the team's 26-10 win over the Falcons on Sept. 27. The back injury first surfaced Sept. 25 and had Moss on the injury report through Oct. 1.

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPNBoston.com.

link

Mike Reiss is one of the best.

+1

...and how does NE get away with yet again, failing to list injuries on their reports?

"Moss had surfaced on the injury report with a shoulder ailment three days after the Patriots' 20-17 overtime loss to the Broncos on Oct. 11. He remained on the injury report because of the shoulder through Nov. 6, although he played through the injury."

"Moss had surfaced on the injury report with a shoulder ailment three days after the Patriots' 20-17 overtime loss to the Broncos on Oct. 11. He remained on the injury report because of the shoulder through Nov. 6, although he played through the injury."
So then presumably he was fine after November 6th?

If an injury is bad enough for people to notice decrease performance, I would think it would be worthy enough to mention on the injury list. It sounds to me that either he's trying to make excuses after the fact, or the Pats once again thumb their noses at the injury list.

he also had some back issues, but i dont think serious enough to land him on the report.

point is, the guy was banged up and played with and through injuries (i know, they all do)

not took plays off or was a lazy ass.....

i'll have to look up the stats, but i think i read somewhere that he played at least 85% of the O snaps.....

he also had some back issues, but i dont think serious enough to land him on the report.

point is, the guy was banged up and played with and through injuries (i know, they all do)

i'll have to look up the stats, but i think i read somewhere that he played at least 85% of the O snaps.....

He was present at 85% of the snaps maybe

I don't doubt he had some injuries but I hope at least one of them was to his legs. At least that would explain why he was just casually jogging around during a few regular season games and in the playoffs.

because it's obvious to everyone but you that he takes plays off and did'nt try much at all as a Raider? :wacko:

+1, when he was with the Raiders he showed NO heart, I dont care about stats. On MANY occurcances the Pats were losing and then Brady would throw a pic that was meant for Moss, and I SAW with my own eyes, Moss walking to sideline digusted and not making the tackle. That is no heart. The guy can play when he wants to and is one of the best to play that position, but he lacks heart on alot of plays.

Randy Moss is like global warming around here. Just like there are far more threads complaining about all the people harping on about global warming than there are guys actually harping on about global warming. There is far more written "to all the Randy Moss haters" than there are haters.

It is possible to say he's no Jerry Rice and still not "hate" on the guy.

You're just all kinds of logical fallacy, aren't you? :wacko:

Just because he may have been injured does not mean that he must not have been taking plays off.

You're just all kinds of logical fallacy, aren't you? :D

Just because he may have been injured does not mean that he must not have been taking plays off.

you guys are funny :wacko:

TV shows a few plays, that he's not involved in, of him trotting out and clutching,

then starts the gossip of him tanking it, doesn't care, not a team player, takes plays off, yada yada

and you all eat it up like granma's apple pie. ha!

an injury is provable, a theory of him 'taking plays off' is not.

...saying Jerry Rice is better doesn't equal hate.

...i could care less what he did with the Raiders, not the season or team i posted about.

c'mon man, Randy dogs it sometimes. Everyone can see it. There were even a few complaining about it after the loss to the Ravens. Saying he doesn't . . . that's just homerism . . . or being WaterMan . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

all right, lemmie say this.....i think the dude gets a bad rap, probably from his Oakland days,

but still more than he deserves...he's done some things that give the haters cause

but he sure as hell isn't the ONLY player that slacks off on some plays...the hype and the tag

that's been put on him is over the top and some people eat it up like it's Gospel.

he's a HOF WR for cripes sake....give the man his due.

all right, lemmie say this.....i think the dude gets a bad rap, probably from his Oakland days,

but still more than he deserves...he's done some things that give the haters cause

but he sure as hell isn't the ONLY player that slacks off on some plays...the hype and the tag

that's been put on him is over the top and some people eat it up like it's Gospel.

he's a HOF WR for cripes sake....give the man his due.

As far as his rap goes - he deserves every bit of it. You don't quit on your team, no matter how bad they are.

That attitude carried right over into NE - If Randy thinks the game is out of reach, or Randy knows the ball is going somewhere else, then Randy doesn't break a sweat.

Hook is right, I'd take any number of guys over him. Guys who care about the game and who are willing to work hard mean a lot more to me than a super freak who only puts in an effort when his number is called.

Sorry man, Randy Moss hasn't worked hard since he wore #84

As far as his rap goes - he deserves every bit of it. You don't quit on your team, no matter how bad they are.

That attitude carried right over into NE - If Randy thinks the game is out of reach, or Randy knows the ball is going somewhere else, then Randy doesn't break a sweat.

Hook is right, I'd take any number of guys over him. Guys who care about the game and who are willing to work hard mean a lot more to me than a super freak who only puts in an effort when his number is called.

Sorry man, Randy Moss hasn't worked hard since he wore #84

he took plays off when he wore 84. this guy is playing like this is the only year he's done this and that we're all hopping on some bandwagon - when many here have been saying he takes plays off since his time in Minny

Edited by Duchess Jack

he took plays off when he wore 84. this guy is playing like this is the only year he's done this and that we're all hopping on some bandwagon - when many here have been saying this since his time in Minny

2001 - When questioned about his propensity to take plays off at times, Moss caused a stir by telling a Minneapolis newspaper columnist that he simply plays when he wants to play.

When Randy Moss entered the league with the Vikings, he was mentored by veteran teammate Cris Carter. Now Moss is coming off an unproductive game with the Patriots and Carter is an analyst for ESPN, and Carter didn't hold back today when asked about Moss's lack of production in Sunday's win over the Panthers.

"For me, as someone who teaches wide receivers how to be wide receivers and how to run routes and what type of effort and stuff it would take, it was pathetic, and I was shocked," Carter said today on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike in the Morning. "Because I know it's in him, but I thought he had matured to the point where I wasn't going to see it anymore."

methinks that he was injured AND heartless

Edited by Duchess Jack

c'mon man, Randy dogs it sometimes. Everyone can see it. There were even a few complaining about it after the loss to the Ravens. Saying he doesn't . . . that's just homerism . . . or being WaterMan . . .

Or a separated shoulder while your QB has Faulk tunnel vision.