[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mitch McConnel was for bipartisanship

bushwacked

I'll see you a link to a leftwing wacko talk show host, oh wait Air America went off the air, and their buffoon is now the senator from the not so great state of Minnesota.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

well I think perhaps you should also look on the flip-side here. why was the administration NOT supporting the conrad-gregg approach until just very recently (scott brown), and why are they supporting that sort of thing now?

the answer is politics on both sides. now, the president knows he and his party are in BIG trouble in this year's midterms, and is looking for political cover to do the politically unpopular -- i.e., cut SS/medicare benefits and/or raise taxes. "hey, it's not my idea to cut gramma's social security -- it's the Bi-Partisan Commission's idea!" mcconnell now wants to deny them that cover and force obama and the democrat majority in congress to own that stank themselves.

it's best for the country if a committee like that DOES happen, even if the only reason dems are now supporting it is to be able to spread the blame around later. so yeah, I think mcconnell needs to stop playing politics on this and take it as an opportunity to do something right by the country.

Maybe some folks like that site because it trashes Obama, and that's what they want to hear. But a lot those "facts" haven't been updates since February 2009. The one that stood out to me was the $3,000 tax credit for hiring people not being in the stimulus. Maybe it wasn't. But the current proposed budget is offering a $5,000 tax credit to employers for new hiring.

Still outraged?

Maybe some folks like that site because it trashes Obama, and that's what they want to hear. But a lot those "facts" haven't been updates since February 2009. The one that stood out to me was the $3,000 tax credit for hiring people not being in the stimulus. Maybe it wasn't. But the current proposed budget is offering a $5,000 tax credit to employers for new hiring.

Still outraged?

I wouldn't call it outrage. More of a sadness that a year later so many otherwise apparently intelligent people are still going out of their way to find something in this administration to defend. It's OK, just let go, you will feel better for it.

I wouldn't call it outrage. More of a sadness that a year later so many otherwise apparently intelligent people are still going out of their way to find something in this administration to defend. It's OK, just let go, you will feel better for it.

There's plenty to defend about the Obama administration, and plenty to criticize. But both should be fair. It just seems like the most vocal people (on on both sides) have lost their objectivity, and their credibility along with it.

Edited by yo mama

Still outraged?

You realize it is the same site that BW used to slam McConnel. I've always questioned accuracy of sites such as this, particularly during elections. Unfortunately some take what is said by these so called fact checkers as being gospel.

You realize it is the same site that BW used to slam McConnel. I've always questioned accuracy of sites such as this, particularly during elections. Unfortunately some take what is said by these so called fact checkers as being gospel.

It makes sense, though. People are busy and ferreting out truly objective information on such an wide array of topics would require a time commitment that most working people can't afford. I guess we should be happy that some folks care enough to be looking stuff up at all.

Oh, and other proposal in the current budget that I thought you would like, Perch: a zero percent capital gains tax on qualified small business stock held for at least five years, effective for stock acquired after Feb. 17, 2009. If that passes, now would be the time to start a new business up with an eye towards selling the business in the future. Ca-freakin-ching.

But the current proposed budget is offering a $5,000 tax credit to employers for new hiring.

Still outraged?

Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, blasted the idea for the $5,000 tax credit, saying businesses won't hire workers until they need them. "Who is going to take the risk?" she asked.

I tend to agree with her for once. Who's going to take the risk in the current business environment unless they really NEED to hire someone in which case they are going to do so regardless of a tax credit. This is wasted money as far as I'm concerned.

It makes sense, though. People are busy and ferreting out truly objective information on such an wide array of topics would require a time commitment that most working people can't afford. I guess we should be happy that some folks care enough to be looking stuff up at all.

Oh, and other proposal in the current budget that I thought you would like, Perch: a zero percent capital gains tax on qualified small business stock held for at least five years, effective for stock acquired after Feb. 17, 2009. If that passes, now would be the time to start a new business up with an eye towards selling the business in the future. Ca-freakin-ching.

Two years ago I seriously thought about opening a party rental store. I might reconsider it, but honestly until there is some real growth in the economy I don't see doing this, and frankly I don't trust the government not to change it's mind and turn around and tax the capital gains anyway.

There's plenty to defend about the Obama administration, and plenty to criticize. But both should be fair. It just seems like the most vocal people (on on both sides) have lost their objectivity, and their credibility along with it.

I think Obama is doing a bang up job of returning control of the house and senate back to the Repubs, other than that................................

Most small business income is taxed on an individual tax return, not as capital gains.

Most small business income is taxed on an individual tax return, not as capital gains.

Right. The proposal deals with the sale of the entire business, not the taxation of income earned by business operations. This is basically intended to fuel start ups.

Apparently the people who vote in Mass, Virginia and New Jersey think so.

Considering Brown is pro-choice, and has the closest thing to socialized medicine in the US plus a fiscal conservative . . . more of him would not be a bad thing. He is probably more representative of what most independents actualy want . . .