[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

college tuition

dmarc117

I had an engineering economics course in addition to the others. This one was taught by the College of Engineering for this purpose and is required of all engineering students.

I took a very similar course offered by the College of Engineering, and I use the information regularly. However, I also regularly use information I gained in "core classes" such as introductory business, communications, writing, biology, chemistry, and even philosophy that were not offered by the College of Engineering.

I do a fair amount of hiring here, usually young engineers. It's a buyers market so obviously the ones we pick are very good, usually chemical or mechanical. HOWEVER, we have found recently that the Navy vets are every bit as good, and have a solid work ethic, great attitude, and excellent mechanical skills and safety awareness. I am VERY impressed with the young pros we're getting from the Navy. And we're paying them just as much.

I do a fair amount of hiring here, usually young engineers. It's a buyers market so obviously the ones we pick are very good, usually chemical or mechanical. HOWEVER, we have found recently that the Navy vets are every bit as good, and have a solid work ethic, great attitude, and excellent mechanical skills and safety awareness. I am VERY impressed with the young pros we're getting from the Navy. And we're paying them just as much.

Another good argument for National Service

:wacko:

Thanks for hiring a vet! :wacko:

My nephew is graduating high school this year. He is looking in to schools. He is average academically but a terrific athlete. My brother doesn't want to discourage him from college but seriously most of the white collar jobs are being outsourced.

Every cop I know is sitting pretty and financially sound. If I were him I'd try and become a cop

My nephew is graduating high school this year. He is looking in to schools. He is average academically but a terrific athlete. My brother doesn't want to discourage him from college but seriously most of the white collar jobs are being outsourced.

Every cop I know is sitting pretty and financially sound. If I were him I'd try and become a cop

Fire-person/ems

Fire-person/ems

Yep. Them too. If you put your time in you do great in the long run. Plus there is usually great opportunity for overtime and work details.

like ive said before, those govt pensions might not be there.

well you know how in that other thread, there was some comment about how, in a study done on some school voucher program or another, the number one predictor of academic success was participation in the lottery? it wasn't so much whether the kids went to one school or another, but whether their parents cared enough to try and get their kids into the best schools. I think you run into the same sort of phenomenon trying to compare college grads to high school grads.

What happens if you put the money you would have spent on college in an index fund, what does that come out to be over a lifetime?

ive asked that question before. do you give your kid 100k when he turns 18 or spend 100k on schooling his whole life?

If that is true ( and i can see it happening) it will be the end of this experiment called democracy.

This experiment is a constitutional republic, not a democracy.