[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

another broken promise

moneymakers

Obama is sensitive about his cigarette habit and tetchy with reporters who raise it. But after his 90-minute medical at the Navy hospital outside Washington yesterday morning, his doctors confirmed he had not yet managed to conquer the habit and suggested he "continue smoking cessation efforts".

The doctors said the president used medication to try to ease the pangs, they described it as "nicotine replacement therapy, self-use".

Obama promised Michelle when he embarked on his campaign to become president he would quit, at the time he said he was smoking about eight a day.

He told reporters last year he had quit but still had an occasional cigarette, without specifying how many.

His health was described as excellent and he does not have to return for another medical until 2012. Obama, who is 48, has 20-20 vision, weighs 179 llbs in his shoes and clothes, and requires little medication. Apart from the nicotine replacement, he uses a non-steroid anti-inflammatory medication associated with physical activity: he regularly plays basketball at the White House.

The doctors also recommended "moderation of alcohol intake".

Obama is sensitive about his cigarette habit and tetchy with reporters who raise it. But after his 90-minute medical at the Navy hospital outside Washington yesterday morning, his doctors confirmed he had not yet managed to conquer the habit and suggested he "continue smoking cessation efforts".

The doctors said the president used medication to try to ease the pangs, they described it as "nicotine replacement therapy, self-use".

Obama promised Michelle when he embarked on his campaign to become president he would quit, at the time he said he was smoking about eight a day.

He told reporters last year he had quit but still had an occasional cigarette, without specifying how many.

His health was described as excellent and he does not have to return for another medical until 2012. Obama, who is 48, has 20-20 vision, weighs 179 llbs in his shoes and clothes, and requires little medication. Apart from the nicotine replacement, he uses a non-steroid anti-inflammatory medication associated with physical activity: he regularly plays basketball at the White House.

The doctors also recommended "moderation of alcohol intake".

Nothing wrong with a couple Newports after a good basketball game, I always say.

I wonder if he buys scratch-offs?

Come on man, you're the president.

Nothing wrong with a couple Newports after a good basketball game, I always say.

I wonder if he buys scratch-offs?

Come on man, you're the president.

While stereotypes may seem funny, they are quite often hurtful. Though, I believe you had no malicious intent, many may find your comments objectionable. And, personally, I usually try and steer clear of such things and feel other posters should do the same.

Obama to GOP: I Will Quit Smoking If You Will Quit Being Dicks

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) -- President Barack Obama today threw down a new gauntlet in the battle over healthcare reform, telling his Republican opponents, "Here's the deal: I will quit smoking if you will quit being dicks."

While most political observers expected the GOP leadership to reject the President's offer out of hand, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) suggested that he and other top Republicans would "take seriously" Mr. Obama's challenge to cease their dick-like behavior.

"We want what's best for the American people," Rep. Boehner said. "And if that means making a supreme sacrifice, which stopping acting like dicks certainly would be, we will consider that."

But according to Dr. Davis Logsdon, who studies addictive dick-like habits at the University of Minnesota Medical School, it may be easier for President Obama to quit smoking than for congressional Republicans to stop being such dicks.

"Dickiness is one of the most stubborn addictions out there," he said. "Medical science has yet to invent an effective dick patch."

:wacko:

While stereotypes may seem funny, they are quite often hurtful. Though, I believe you had no malicious intent, many may find your comments objectionable. And, personally, I usually try and steer clear of such things and feel other posters should do the same.

You're absolutely right. Nowadays it seems there are prizes given out if you can be the first to take offense to something. I happen to be Polish and love a good Polish joke, and I like comedians from Chris Rock to Kathy Griffin. I believe the whole PC movement has stifled open dialog about such matters, in fact I know it has, but let me say I apologize if my remarks offended anyone. I was using sarcasm to make a point.

To get back on topic and to be clearer, the president should rethink the smoking thing not only for his own health but because it does tend to perpetuate a stereotype.

You're absolutely right. Nowadays it seems there are prizes given out if you can be the first to take offense to something. I happen to be Polish and love a good Polish joke, and I like comedians from Chris Rock to Kathy Griffin. I believe the whole PC movement has stifled open dialog about such matters, in fact I know it has, but let me say I apologize if my remarks offended anyone. I was using sarcasm to make a point.

To get back on topic and to be clearer, the president should rethink the smoking thing not only for his own health but because it does tend to perpetuate a stereotype.

Perfectly done.

Lol

I was talking to my boys (6 and 9 yrs old) this weekend about how bad smoking is for you. I'm lucky they have yet to hear about this Obama smoking thing or I'm sure the next question from them will be:

Daddy, if smoking is so bad for you then why does the president do it?

I better get an answer ready for that one.

I really don't care if he smokes, drinks, spends nights in Oprah's bed or anything else. He's a grown man, what he is doing isn't illegal, and my kids already know he isn't a good role model based on other criteria.

I really don't care if he smokes, drinks, spends nights in Oprah's bed or anything else. He's a grown man, what he is doing isn't illegal, and my kids already know he isn't a good role model based on other criteria.

This one gave me a laugh as I waited for the inevitable other shoe to drop after you'd started out defending Obama. You should have made it longer for added tension and thrills.

Who gives a flying fack? That job is THE most stressful on earth, and I could give a sh!t how much he smokes.

This.

Who gives a flying fack? That job is THE most stressful on earth, and I could give a sh!t how much he smokes.

I agree. Leave the guy alone. It may actually keep him from going postal!