[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Resume Question/Advice

pork chop express

If you can't get it to 1 page you're not trying hard enough. If you can't keep it to 2 pages there's a problem. Part of any job is the ability to make decisions and present only what is most relevant. If you can't do that on your resume, its a hugh red flag.

Even some of the most accomplished people I know keep it to two pages.

just not accurate anymore

the higher up the food chain you get, I see 2+ page resumes all the time now for senior and executive level folks

not much more work scrolling down an extra page - alot of hm are reading resumes off their PDA's

If you can't get it to 1 page you're not trying hard enough. If you can't keep it to 2 pages there's a problem. Part of any job is the ability to make decisions and present only what is most relevant. If you can't do that on your resume, its a hugh red flag.

see, i have the exact opposite problem. is a half page too short? :wacko:

One page is the sweet spot for me...I had about a half inch extra and forced myself to expand so that it filled the page. It just didn't feel right.

I am an IT recruiter-

I see plenty of resumes longer than 2 pages, but with 5 jobs, 2 pages should be enough.

cut out the wordy BS and stick to the direct, specific details and accomplishments

Exactly - more senior people, esp with more jobs, are going to be hard-pressed to keep it to 2 pages sometimes. Definitely want to try and keep it as "lean" as reasonably possible though.

just not accurate anymore

the higher up the food chain you get, I see 2+ page resumes all the time now for senior and executive level folks

not much more work scrolling down an extra page - alot of hm are reading resumes off their PDA's

There are exceptions to every rule, but I subscribe to the two page limit.