[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some bipartisan common sense at last

Ursa Majoris

Yea screw the ones that need it the most.

I am sure acorn and the likes all get theirs tho.

seniors ,vets and disabilities dont need to eat. heck most of these guys dont even vote

You're not worth the wear on my fingertips but if you read the article - if you can read at all - you would see that with inflation at 0%, an index-linked system should have no increase because there has been no increase. This decision is exactly right, negating a government giveaway that you and your ilk would usually call welfare.

You're not worth the wear on my fingertips but if you read the article - if you can read at all - you would see that with inflation at 0%, an index-linked system should have no increase because there has been no increase. This decision is exactly right, negating a government giveaway that you and your ilk would usually call welfare.

Dont feed the trolls . . .

But you are exactly right . . and it was a very correct move.

This decision is exactly right, negating a government giveaway that you and your ilk would usually call welfare.

Yes it was a good decision, and it's a good thing that at least 10 of your ilk agreed.

"At least 10 Democrats agreed with Gregg and joined 40 Republicans to defeat the proposal."

Yes it was a good decision, and it's a good thing that at least 10 of your ilk agreed.

"At least 10 Democrats agreed with Gregg and joined 40 Republicans to defeat the proposal."

So remember that support two of us have shown for your side. We'll be along one day to ask where your bipartisanship is.

They got over 5% last year due to the gasoline spike. Can't have it both ways. Inflation has actually been negative, slightly, and the law says payments can never go down.

And they are on Medicare anyway.

And what's wrong with dog food anyway? :woof:

They got over 5% last year due to the gasoline spike. Can't have it both ways. Inflation has actually been negative, slightly, and the law says payments can never go down.

And they are on Medicare anyway.

And what's wrong with dog food anyway? :woof:

agreed. although I would go with cat food.

Bring on the death panels so we don't have to even worry about it.

If you think those two things are the same, I'd really like to know how to connect those dots.

Both are/were unfunded spending bills :wacko: If you believe what Obama is saying congress should find away to fund everything they do. That is one of the very few things I agree with Obama on.

Says the guy who blasted Bunning. :wacko:

Are you kidding me? Those payments were directly tied to consumer prices . . which FELL. Unemploymnet hurts people that are not necessarily retired, have families to support and a brutal job market.

I will continue to blast Bunning for his choice to bills to make an "example" of. I AGREED with his position, but disagreed with his choice of bills. Y'might want to read what I have repeatedly stated . . . .:D

Both are/were unfunded spending bills :wacko: If you believe what Obama is saying congress should find away to fund everything they do. That is one of the very few things I agree with Obama on.

The Bunning thing is indeed unfunded but IMO he's picked the wrong place to fight the right battle. The payments themselves are justified, I think we can all agree.

The SS payment flat out would have been a giveaway without any justification. SS is index linked and the index for 2009 was zero, therefore there should be no increase. Obama wanted to give away $250 per head to every SS recipient to make up for inflation being at zero, which is just ridiculous regardless of the fact that I support him. In 2009, SS increased sharply due to the 2008 gas spike and seniors can't have it both ways.

So remember that support two of us have shown for your side. We'll be along one day to ask where your bipartisanship is.

bipartisanship is great when its for the right things. this was the right thing to do. if you want blank bipartisanship for something, thats nuts.

The Bunning thing is indeed unfunded but IMO he's picked the wrong place to fight the right battle. The payments themselves are justified, I think we can all agree.

The SS payment flat out would have been a giveaway without any justification. SS is index linked and the index for 2009 was zero, therefore there should be no increase. Obama wanted to give away $250 per head to every SS recipient to make up for inflation being at zero, which is just ridiculous regardless of the fact that I support him. In 2009, SS increased sharply due to the 2008 gas spike and seniors can't have it both ways.

I disagree, I don't think there is a wrong place for the right battle. Either it is the right battle or it isn't. You can't just make rules and then selectively apply them. Well I guess you can, but look where that has gotten us.