[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking down glued-on wall mirrors

The Irish Doggy

Our house has one wall with floor to ceiling, glued-on, mirrors. 3 panels, roughly 4x8 ft each. The mrs and I would like to get rid of them. Anyone have experience taking these down?

You will have to replace the drywall, and get over nay superstition about breaking mirrors, if you have it.

You will have to replace the drywall, and get over nay superstition about breaking mirrors, if you have it.

Wow that sucks. I really hate it when builders do stuff like this that can't be easily undone. What a pain in the ass.

This won't be easy. Mirrors are just plate glass with a reflective coating on one side. You have to figure that the sheet rock behind the mirrors will have to be replaced. So, the way I'd go about it is to clear the room and then break the mirrors first. You do not want a 4x8 piece of glass breaking while you're working with it. I used to work in a window factory, I know from experience. Once the mirrors have been broken, anything loose should be cleaned, swept or otherwise removed. This includes anything that can be pried off the wall. Only then would I start trying to remove the drywall.