[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wal-mart PA incident: just when you think it can't get more hypersensitive/loonier

BeeR

What law was broken? The article is skimpy on details. What are you basing your Have to agree here! reaction on exactly?

On an absurd overreaction to a stupid prank maybe? That wasn't obvious??

Not that it surprises me in this day and age - but it's still just as stupid.

Big surprise, was a teenage kid's prank: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/nyregion/21walmart.html

If convicted, he could face up to a year in a juvenile detention center, officials said.

No overreaction there. Do not mess w/the almighty Race Card kid. Try him as an adult, let's get the death sentence talk going. :wacko: Glad the authorities spent time on REAL crime like this instead of the all silly thefts and assaults n stuff.

Edited by BeeR

Big surprise, was a teenage kid's prank: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/nyregion/21walmart.html

No overreaction there. Do not mess w/the almighty Race Card kid. Try him as an adult, let's get the death sentence talk going. :wacko: Glad the authorities spent time on REAL crime like this instead of the all silly thefts and assaults n stuff.

I for one hate the playing of the race card and think it is used way too much. With that said - this may have been a prank but it was a blatant race comment - you can't let this go and say ahh just a prank. People need to be accountable for stupid actions and what this kid did was wrong and stupid.

People need to be accountable for stupid actions and what this kid did was wrong and stupid.

Hey, it's more important to be anti-PC even if it's as absurd as being PC. Breaking the law by violating a private business practice during work hours is neat and should be ignored. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

so I guess you are saying they would arrest someone for saying white people leave wal mart...you believe yourself? I mean I am white and if I was shopping I probably would just laugh and keep shopping (if it was announced for white people to leave)...

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

so I guess you are saying they would arrest someone for saying white people leave wal mart...you believe yourself?

You're not that bright.

You can open your own store and say stuff about black people, yellow people, or white people on the PA system all you want. If you come into my store and do it, I'll have you arrested.

You're not that bright.

You can open your own store and say stuff about black people, yellow people, or white people on the PA system all you want. If you come into my store and do it, I'll have you arrested.

what is the crime...i am curious...is the mic an attractive nuisance (is it on the countertop easily obtained?) is there a sign saying authorized personel to only use the mic? what if i knew one of your employees and he let me do it? would you still be able to arrest me and for what crime? how easy is it to use the mic? and what are you doing to prevent it or what are you posting to prevent its unauthorized use?

You're not that bright.

what if a kid came into your record store and said "the owners a goober"...i guess you would arrest him? I can understand arresting someone who might say "fire" or threaten people with violence or a hold-up but not if just grab the mic and say something senseless for 5 seconds. Kick 'em out and lifetime ban of course, but arrest? Maybe you should stowe away your mic a little better...

OMG, white people have it so tough!

you need some perspective and a laugh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

Nice, excellent research...and that is kinda my point, saying white wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings, I would just keep shopping knowing it was a prank, and really not a funny one but not real offensive either.

:wacko:

I'll also enjoy the thread where your wife has you by the ear, pulling you back into the forum to apologize.

Funny...I am not calling Bushwacked a goober (even though he called me "not so bright" and would arrest a kid for a cheap innocent prank of calling him a goober). just making light of a prank that has probably been happening since the PA system was developed. LOL

Edited by Scooby's Hubby