[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Victim Taling Point.

Perchoutofwater

Where did the victim talking point come from? I've noticed more and more liberals using this rather than discuss what ever topic they don't feel like broaching. It's not just with the statists here, I've noticed it on other board and on facebook as well. It seems to have become a standard procedure for the left similar to attacking the source of stories rather than discuss the facts in the stories. Anyway I was just wondering where this originated.

Where did the victim talking point come from? I've noticed more and more liberals using this rather than discuss what ever topic they don't feel like broaching. It's not just with the statists here, I've noticed it on other board and on facebook as well. It seems to have become a standard procedure for the left similar to attacking the source of stories rather than discuss the facts in the stories. Anyway I was just wondering where this originated.

You argue politics on two web boards and facebook? You must be a blast at parties. :wacko:

The doubting of sources instead of stories was fairly common ground during the Bush/war years. Anything that was written by the NYT saying the war wasn't awesome was pretty summarily dismissed as left wing tripe. Do you remember that? My guess is the tide switched because the Donkey instead of the Elephant is now in the oval office. I don't really read anymore into it.

You argue politics on two web boards and facebook? You must be a blast at parties. :wacko:

The doubting of sources instead of stories was fairly common ground during the Bush/war years. Anything that was written by the NYT saying the war wasn't awesome was pretty summarily dismissed as left wing tripe. Do you remember that? My guess is the tide switched because the Donkey instead of the Elephant is now in the oval office. I don't really read anymore into it.

I don't argue on the other board, and rarely do I express my beliefs on facebook, as it could have a negative impact on my business.

It's simple enough. It seems to me that there is a professional victim mentality among some blacks already and that mentality is constantly reinforced by those black "leaders" that have the most to gain from making sure people don't rise above it, namely the Jacksons and Sharptons of this world. With me so far?

Likewise, the likes of Limbaugh and Beck (and, regardless of their non-elected status, these ARE leaders of a large population segment) have a hugh vested interest in making things appear really bleak for their audience and everything they do and say is structured in such a way as to nurture a victim mentality.

It's simple enough. It seems to me that there is a professional victim mentality among some blacks already and that mentality is constantly reinforced by those black "leaders" that have the most to gain from making sure people don't rise above it, namely the Jacksons and Sharptons of this world. With me so far?

Likewise, the likes of Limbaugh and Beck (and, regardless of their non-elected status, these ARE leaders of a large population segment) have a hugh vested interest in making things appear really bleak for their audience and everything they do and say is structured in such a way as to nurture a victim mentality.

There's a HUGH difference, IMO. The folks pissed right now aren't asking for anything to be given to them. They're trying to take it back themselves.

Yep.

Obama is taking fishing poles, guns and making you buy health insurance. Woe is me.

Actually perch it is at the heart of most shows on Fox, and how the left rallies minority voters. They portray themselves as "victims" and how they are wronged by society and the gubmnet and Colonel Sanders, etc.

Victimization buys votes as the "victims" look for a hero to champion their cause/ cherry pick what they dont like.

The flavor du jour is the right portraying themselves as helpless victims that are being taken advantage of. The mean ol media, that commie Obama, and those damn illegal immigrants are working in a shadowy conspiracy to keep "the man" down. (Kinda funny to see people making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year being "victims, but such is politics)

Very similar to Micheal Moore and his conspiracy theories of how everyone that isnt a Republican is being screwed that was oh so popular during the Bush years.

the political minority is ALWAYS being persecuted and victimized by the political majority. So now the far right Republicans and Tea Party extremists (note that ISNT everyone in the Tea Party, just their extremist elements that throw bricks at congressional offices and carry racist signs that have been around since before Obama was elected) are the "victims" that are cruelly being persecuted by the poor and downtrodden . . Hell Perch, it was very prevalent during the Bush years remember? Only instead of being called "victims" the left was called "traitors" by the Bush administration . . . same meaning, different verbiage.

Did somebody say victim?

Arizona Doctor Plans To Close His Office Because Of ‘Stress’ Caused By ‘Obamacare’

Last month a Republican urologist in Florida posted a sign on his office door telling his patients that if they voted for President Obama, they should “seek urologic care elsewhere.” Despite later admitting that he knew little about the new law, the sign added: “Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years.”

The Daily Caller reports that another doctor has pulled a similar stunt. Arizona dermatologist Joseph Scherzer put a sign outside his office warning his patients that he will be closing his doors because of the new law. “If you voted for Obamacare, be aware these doors will close before it goes into effect,” the sign reads. Scherzer — a self-described conservative — claims that the “stress” the law will supposedly impose will cause him to close up shop:

“I’m absolutely serious [about stopping practicing] and it’s not just because I’ll be nearing 65,” Scherzer said. “The stress is what would push me out the door.” [...]

Scherzer said the bill’s emphasis on punitive measures for physicians not following government-prescribed treatment methods under Medicare would increase his anxiety level to the point he would no longer be able to practice medicine.

“Doctors have actually committed suicide over these things,” Scherzer said. But it’s unclear what punitive measures Scherzer is referring to. One possibility is comparative effectiveness research (CER) into which treatments work most effectively. Indeed, conservatives have been using this provision in their attacks on health care reform to claim it would ration care, impose standards and prevent certain kinds of treatment. But as the Wonk Room’s Igor Volsky noted, “CER is a recommendation, not a mandate.”

Or perhaps Scherzer is referring to basic Medicare billing fraud. But presumably he had to provide proper documentation for Medicare services provided before the President signed the bill into law. The new law simply strengthens these accountability measures to eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse.

Like the Florida urologist, Scherzer may not be aware of what’s actually in the law. In fact, if he stays in business, Scherzer has the opportunity to perhaps reduce his anxiety level with added benefits such as an “increase in Medicaid payment rates.” Moreover, the American Medical Association has an extensive list of benefits for physicians that will come from the Affordable Care Act, including bonus payments and geographic payment differentials.

There's a HUGH difference, IMO. The folks pissed right now aren't asking for anything to be given to them. They're trying to take it back themselves.

Not true because they never had "it" (whatever it is) in the first place. They are as much persuaded to be victims as any welfare queen being oppressed by the man.

How is he a victim here? Seriously?

If obamacare either curtails his business, or his ability earn a living from it. Just because someone now makes a pantload of money doesn't mean he doesn't necessarily deserve two pantloads. Or his income might be dropped from great to merely ordinary. And to do that just so politicians can buy votes and control the populace further? :wacko: Then, yeah, he'd be a victim of political bullchit.

Not true because they never had "it" (whatever it is) in the first place. They are as much persuaded to be victims as any welfare queen being oppressed by the man.

Man, you're addled. You don't think taxes have never been lower and freedoms never higher in the lifetime of a 50-something person? You can't honestly say you can't remember when the debt/deficit was neglidible, can you?

Man, you're addled. You don't think taxes have never been lower and freedoms never higher in the lifetime of a 50-something person? You can't honestly say you can't remember when the debt/deficit was neglidible, can you?

I'm not addled, you and your wing of the Hillbilly Freedom Corps are just working yourselves into a lather over diddly squat. Is it frustration that your apocalyptic visions haven't yet come to pass?

As for your taxes question, see this. The answer is no, for your 50-something guy they really haven't been much lower but they sure as hell have been higher. Check out the Golden Age of Eisenhower and Nixon, for instance.

I'm not addled, you and your wing of the Hillbilly Freedom Corps are just working yourselves into a lather over diddly squat. Is it frustration that your apocalyptic visions haven't yet come to pass?

As for your taxes question, see this. The answer is no, for your 50-something guy they really haven't been much lower but they sure as hell have been higher. Check out the Golden Age of Eisenhower and Nixon, for instance.

First, I notice you didn't mention freedom. Second, you know the actual percentage means nothing without taking into account deductions (or are you deliberately lying like grunge did the other day). A quick google turned this up.

Of course, I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit you are clearly, provably, demonstrably flat WRONG on both counts. You're wrong, ursa, admit it. You want to marginalize these folks and call them faux victims but the simple truth is they are poorer now in liberties and taxes than they were even 20 freakin' years ago.

I'm not in a lather at all - I've shrugged. It's the reason I'm out of debt (except for a few acres - and once that's paid for I'll build as I'm able). I'm done. In fact, I'm toying with the idea of putting a trailer on that land and quitting work just to suck off the tit. Just to kick the mf'er in the balls so maybe it'll fall in on itself a little quicker and we can start over. I'm not a number. I'm not a copper-top battery built to give the state it's energy. I can and will live with less. I'm down to six guns (the ones I don't want to part with). And I started this nearly 8 years ago - so obama really didn't have much to do with it, other than to affirm I made the right decision. I refuse to give my best to a leviathan state.

This here.

They want failure so bad. So they can say ha ha look at me I stored 20 years of rice and ammo just for this day. It's like their wet dream.

the party that isnt in power always wants that. you side wanted it for the last 8y. now its the right side's turn. it really isnt shocking.

First, I notice you didn't mention freedom. Second, you know the actual percentage means nothing without taking into account deductions (or are you deliberately lying like grunge did the other day). A quick google turned this up.

Of course, I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit you are clearly, provably, demonstrably flat WRONG on both counts. You're wrong, ursa, admit it. You want to marginalize these folks and call them faux victims but the simple truth is they are poorer now in liberties and taxes than they were even 20 freakin' years ago.

Who is "these folks" and "they" (bolded above)?

What freedoms have been lost in the last 20 years under a Democratic administration?

And your tax link is showing nothing much at all, up a little for some, down a little for others. Mine, OTOH, shows a longer time period and conclusively proves a punitive marginal tax rate, deductions or not. You're looking for good old days that never actually existed.

Who is "these folks" and "they" (bolded above)?

What freedoms have been lost in the last 20 years under a Democratic administration?

And your tax link is showing nothing much at all, up a little for some, down a little for others. Mine, OTOH, shows a longer time period and conclusively proves a punitive marginal tax rate, deductions or not. You're looking for good old days that never actually existed.

How punitive was the income tax in 1912?