[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Civilization V

MrTed46

+1. A good game takes weeks or even months

+2 the PS3 version is so weak, I am glad I bought it used. I would still try the new civ on PC, though. You would think they could put out some War games like Panzer General for the PS3. I would like to see more vintage table top or bookcase (ala Avalon Hill ) like games for PS3. They would have to be easy to write. Maybe even Railroad Tycoon.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

+2 the PS3 version is so weak, I am glad I bought it used. I would still try the new civ on PC, though. You would think they could put out some War games like Panzer General for the PS3. I would like to see more vintage table top or bookcase (ala Avalon Hill ) like games for PS3. They would have to be easy to write. Maybe even Railroad Tycoon.

-loved Panzer General... i searched "strategy wargames" to find something new, but nothing looked good..... :wacko:

If you liked Civ, you'll like Alpha Centuri. Its older, but also made by Sid. Heros V was pretty good too.

Was Alpha Centuri the newer version of 'Master of Orion'? I liked Masters of Orion.

I grew up playing alot of the Sports Illustrated sports games as well. I still have many originals of SI and Avalon Hill games. My brother does all the strat-o-matic replays and we have all the bowl Bound team sets and many of the Paydirt team sets in original form and the PC team sets for Red Zone.

• 4 months later...
Installing this game reminds me why I switched to console games. I hate the install process and unhappy play on my 3 month old computer. I shouldn't have to bling out my graphics card to play a game like this.

Although they are usually fairly worthless, what are the stated minimum specs?

Although they are usually fairly worthless, what are the stated minimum specs?

Minimum system Requirements : Civilization 5

CPU: Dual-Core CPU (Core 2 Duo at 1,8 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 at 2,0 GHz)

RAM: 2 GiB

HDD: 8 GByte

VGA: 256 MiB Radeon HD 2600 XT, 256 MiB Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS, Core i3 with integrated graphics

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements: Civilization 5

CPU: 1,8-2,4 GHz Quad-Core CPU

RAM: 4 GiB

HDD: 8 GByte

VGA: 512 MiB Radeon 4800, 512 MiB Geforce 9800

DirectX: DirectX 11

Civ 5 so far looks great. Played it for an hour last night and mostly just f'ing around. I love the HEX instead of QUAD tiles and I also love you can't stack units anymore. Graphics are great for a turn based game. I am going to kill hours with this.

+1 Now if we could just get some online games going on you could feel the wrath of the Babylonians!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm diggin' this version :wacko:

warlord level is challenging, even. the diplomacy is harder. any tricks found out there?

Gold is king, make sure this is your priority and make sure you are allies to city states. I find this game much more enjoyable with mods as the vanilla version is not balanced like civ 4.