[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get ready for GMO food

Avernus

farmers are being harassed for not using GMO seeds.....I'll try and pull up a YouTube video about it....they are pretty much between a rock and a hard place..

our food is killing us. preservatives. eat live foods that arent altered.

our food is killing us. preservatives. eat live foods that arent altered.

I've been doing this, I've been buying food from the Dutch Market and looking for foods without certain ingredients...or just less ingredients (you know, the one's you have to say more than once just to get the pronunciation right)

and the title is a bit misleading because we already have GMO food, but after the hearing in June, GMO foods will dominate the market and only in Europe do they have to state on the label that the food contains GMO....nobody does that over here..

we have to educate ourselves on the matter and I suggest anyone reading this to do the same..

Watch Food INC. seriously.

I wouldn't take most of what that doc relays as hard fact. My father is an exe at Smithfield and I can tell you first hand, all of that was BS. It's a good doc, don't get me wrong, but very, very one sided and filled with inaccuracies

So we're all being killed by the food we eat but yet, the avg lifespan goes up every year and people living past 100 are growing in leaps and bounds.

Which is it?

It has never made much sense to me. We have the best food and water supply in the world but people want to pay $2 for a bottle of water.

The other thing I can never understand is, if i were to tell you I have a pill you can put in your gas tank that will increase you gas mileage to 100 mpg. You would think that's the biggest scam in the world but If I told you I have an herbal pill that will keep you from getting cancer, I would be millionaire...

:wacko:

Oh well.

Monopolies are supposed to be illegal. Different rules for Monsanto I guess.

You want to get scared about the governemnt control of the food you eat, check out this evil http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/?page_id=157

Monopolies are supposed to be illegal. Different rules for Monsanto I guess.

In the mid-70s a merger between two of the top 10 brewers (Stroh's and Heileman IIRC) was shot down because it would've given the top 4 brewers 60% of the market.

Right now A-B/InBev and MillerCoors control 80%

In the mid-70s a merger between two of the top 10 brewers (Stroh's and Heileman IIRC) was shot down because it would've given the top 4 brewers 60% of the market.

Right now A-B/InBev and MillerCoors control 80%

Duopolies seem to be all the rage. In business and in politics.

Duopolies seem to be all the rage. In business and in politics.

Man, I'm getting dumber, took me 3 tries to pronounce "duopolies" in my head. Bring on the genetically engineered food, need more brain power. You think they'll come out with genetically engineered barley and hops for my beer?

Man, I'm getting dumber, took me 3 tries to pronounce "duopolies" in my head. Bring on the genetically engineered food, need more brain power. You think they'll come out with genetically engineered barley and hops for my beer?

Yep. they'll probably even throw in some mystery chemicals that will make you more docile during our transition to a dictorial state.

Edited by rattsass

It's a good doc, don't get me wrong, but very, very one sided and filled with inaccuracies

If it's one-sided and filled with inaccuracies, then it's not a good doc.

So we're all being killed by the food we eat but yet, the avg lifespan goes up every year and people living past 100 are growing in leaps and bounds.

Which is it?

neither, people are sicker than ever.....

people live long lives and rely on meds via socialized healthcare...I know very few people who aren't on some sort of meds that treat something that would be fixed if they didn't eat this crap...

and next time, if you want to be smart...at least have knowledge on the topic...you know nothing about the GMO topic..

It has never made much sense to me. We have the best food and water supply in the world but people want to pay $2 for a bottle of water.

The other thing I can never understand is, if i were to tell you I have a pill you can put in your gas tank that will increase you gas mileage to 100 mpg. You would think that's the biggest scam in the world but If I told you I have an herbal pill that will keep you from getting cancer, I would be millionaire...

:wacko:

Oh well.

we have the most fluoridated water supply in the world....more than 66% of our water contains fluoride...so our water isn't the best, it's probably the worst BUT HEY...IT TASTES GOOD!!!!!!