[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why the sudden trivia-in-bars craze

BeeR

I don't hit bars much so maybe it's coincidence or just a big thing around here-? But lately any time I hit a happy hour or whatever lately there's nearly always some trivia thing with some goofy bimbo with a mic shouting out jabber about some trivia BS almost non-stop that we couldn't care less about.....all we want to do is have a few drinks and some conversation, but getting continually interrupted gets old. Is this "craze" big where you are?

I don't hit bars much so maybe it's coincidence or just a big thing around here-? But lately any time I hit a happy hour or whatever lately there's nearly always some trivia thing with some goofy bimbo with a mic shouting out jabber about some trivia BS almost non-stop that we couldn't care less about.....all we want to do is have a few drinks and some conversation, but getting continually interrupted gets old. Is this "craze" big where you are?

Do you hate EVERYTHING?

I'll bet you $50 I could beat you down in a pong game.

Dems fightin words Joe. You're on. Although the hand held football game with the dots was always my specialty

I'll bet you $50 I could beat you down in a bar trivia game.

I'll bet you $50 I could beat you down in a pong game.

Looks like we have a match. Why don't you two play a round robin of events. 2 categories, pong and NTN trivia. The tiebreaker can be foosball or guessing SPF (look out, "on the good side").

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Do you hate EVERYTHING?

o yay, my stalker is back.

I wasn't talking about the trivia machines, but these "trivia nights" dedicated to this with someone talking over a mic in the bar. They did not do that years ago when I used to go to bars more and play pong, hahaha.

o yay, my stalker is back.

I wasn't talking about the trivia machines, but these "trivia nights" dedicated to this with someone talking over a mic in the bar. They did not do that years ago when I used to go to bars more and play pong, hahaha.

LOL I think I would refuse/resist the live trivia. I am more of a play Golden Tee for the tab kinda guy (or PGA Championship which looks and plays the same).

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

The bar trivia games are very new. Hey tried this new game tonight. You guys ever hear of pong ?

:wacko: wait til the latest craze in japan catches on over here...this thing where you sing along to popular hits with a backing track playing, and the lyrics going across a screen. I think it's called "krapiokey", something like that.

Pretty sure it started in the late 1980s early 1990s. I like it.

You talking about Buzztime? I was pretty into that back in the day. Especially the NFL game where you predicted the play and competed against other bars and individually against other people in the country. Highest finish was #2 on a MNF game. :wacko:

As far as the in-bar trivia, its just another rouse to get people in seats by giving away cheesy prizes and drinks.

Edited by tazinib1

Sorry that Trivia games interfere with your trivial pursuits.