[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the heels of Big John's post...

rocknrobn26

Last time I checked (~10 years ago) the first 5-7 years was reasonable. But after that is was like a bet on a roulette wheel...long odds but if you hit it your gold. :tup::tup::lol:

I've been considering it for Miley, but hesitated because you have to give the companies all your info prior to the quote. :wacko:

What say yall?

We discuss this all the time, usually when we have to take one of the pets in for an emergency and it ends up costing us $500. Last time in was because the damn dog swallowed half a plastic block and it obstructed his bowels. He eventually passed it but man - talk about expensive after everything was said and done. Had we had insurance I think it would have cost us less than $50 or something. I think I have 5 of the same brochures because I grab one every time I go into the vet.

It's one of those things you just need to pull the trigger on because it's not like it'll break the bank. What...$25 or $30 a month? Or is that for the full year?

ETA: We have some friends that have had a Portuguese Water Dog for 5 years now and that dog is just accident prone. The monthly insurance premium has paid for itself.

Edited by twiley

We discuss this all the time, usually when we have to take one of the pets in for an emergency and it ends up costing us $500. Last time in was because the damn dog swallowed half a plastic block and it obstructed his bowels. He eventually passed it but man - talk about expensive after everything was said and done. Had we had insurance I think it would have cost us less than $50 or something. I think I have 5 of the same brochures because I grab one every time I go into the vet.

It's one of those things you just need to pull the trigger on because it's not like it'll break the bank. What...$25 or $30 a month? Or is that for the full year?

ETA: We have some friends that have had a Portuguese Water Dog for 5 years now and that dog is just accident prone. The monthly insurance premium has paid for itself.

I've got VPI for my lab. I believe I pay around $20/month for my 6 year old lab. Her annual checkup and shots usually cost $150 and that is paid for by VPI. This year, I even bought flea / Heartworm prevention medicine (that you apply monthly) and it was on the same receipt. They paid for most of that as well. At that point, I'm close to breaking even without there being any major issue. She just had to go to the vet for Kennel Cough (despite getting the annual vaccination) and got a bunch of medicine. VPI paid it all. It's partly peace of mind knowing that if there is something serious like a major joint issue or something like cancer, care will be a no-brainer.

cut and paste from one of my cients (who owns two Portuguese Water Dogs....

After trying three different pet insurance companies for Brinkley, and not being pleased with their services, I would like to say, while just beginning with them, I think I have found a great company to work with in Pets Best Insurance in Boise, Idaho. They always answer your calls and e-mails...both with a telephone call and an e-mail follow up to make sure you understand, they are all friendly (unlike the AKC insurance company), and I even received a handwritten thank you note for just sending an e-mail of appreciation...

My first claim was $119 for Catie and I received back $82...So I am a happy camper and while I hope I do not have many claims for either Brink or Catie, it is nice to know I will be dealing with a personable pet insurance company...

And, so, I am recommending Pets Best Insurance!

My assistant trainer is happy with her company as well so I will try to find her out her carrier. She is a vet tech as well, so her recommendation goes a long way. I'll get back to you when she replies.

cut and paste from one of my cients (who owns two Portuguese Water Dogs....

After trying three different pet insurance companies for Brinkley, and not being pleased with their services, I would like to say, while just beginning with them, I think I have found a great company to work with in Pets Best Insurance in Boise, Idaho. They always answer your calls and e-mails...both with a telephone call and an e-mail follow up to make sure you understand, they are all friendly (unlike the AKC insurance company), and I even received a handwritten thank you note for just sending an e-mail of appreciation...

My first claim was $119 for Catie and I received back $82...So I am a happy camper and while I hope I do not have many claims for either Brink or Catie, it is nice to know I will be dealing with a personable pet insurance company...

And, so, I am recommending Pets Best Insurance!

My assistant trainer is happy with her company as well so I will try to find her out her carrier. She is a vet tech as well, so her recommendation goes a long way. I'll get back to you when she replies.

:wacko:

Think I'll sign my two turds up through this company.

Interesting link to Consumer Reports reader reviews. CU...

Shug, (or anyone else w/ experience)

While waiting for your asst. trainer's advice:

Is well care worth the extra premium? (it can just about double the price of some policies and at least one, PetPlan, doesn't offer it)

I have a portugese water dog - what a great breed if you like high energy dogs.

Obama, is that you? I see the PA, is that Pennsylvania Avenue... There are waaaaay too many similarities here. Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, you're doing a heck of a job there Brownie Obama.

:wacko:

Think I'll sign my two turds up through this company.

Before you do...look at Pet Plan...

Looks like a no BS company, that has virtually no exclusions, riders, etc.. You pick your deducts/co-pays/etc.. It has the highest ratings on pet review...

They don't have well-care, but well-care doubles the policy cost and doesn't give all your $$$ back anyway!

Me thinks I'm going w/ Pet plan.

let's talk about this....