[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mathews, rice, or MJD?

brtdud7

need some quick help. mod can delete thread after today

I have the 14th pick in our first year keeper draft. WE have 20 rounds and we can only start drafting rookie in round 20, so i would take ryan mathews

dude came to me curious about the pick, and said he would do a straight up trade. his 1.3 and 20.12 (so the 12th rookie) for my 1.14 and 20.1 (ryan mathews)

is this a decent enough trade straight up? i would have the #3 pick and the #15 (snake draft) as opposed to the #3 and 25 in a normal snake if I was picking 3rd.

so i guess the question is... is ray rice or MJD a better keeper than ryan mathews?

also, side question... should I take MJD or Ray Rice?

some scoring: 6 points for any touchdown, 1 yard per 10 yards rushing/receiving. not PPR

Also to add: this is a salary cap league. MJD or Rice will cost me $11 million for 4 years, while Ryan Mathews will cost me $5 million.

Edited by brtdud7

ah, thats true. i assume aaron rodgers will be gone in the first round of a 14 keeper league. i do have 2.1 so i could take drew brees, aaron or even andre if they fall to me.

by doing this deal, i really have an advantage over the typical snake setup. rather than getting the stud RB then having to wait till pick 25, i get my stud rb then only wait till pick 15, which is why im leaning towards it

so other than that issue, if i end up taking the deal, who would you want at #3? i had MJD in 2 leagues last year and i really like him, but Ray's upside really entices me

yeah. of course theres 2 sides to it

you have MJD, where he has nothing around him so he gets a lot of work. but then defenses will cater specifically to him, limiting him

you have ray rice, where he has a young decent QB, a better o-line, and anquan boldin, and is great at catching too. but then there's willis mcgahee, and the fact that with those better offensive weapons, he might not get as much work as a focal point offensive player like MJD

always 2 sides to the issue, damn

alright update on the trade. he accepted his trade:

I sent:

i got:

so basically i moved up 11 spots in round one, moved up 17 spots, and might get a very developmental rookie

its fair because if you get the 14th pick like i did, you wont get screwed. and also it worked in my favor. i just hope MJD was the right decision over ray rice. i was torn for a long time.

help for trade in other league:

i get felix jones and pick 1.9, i send cedric benson. other RB keeper is frank gore

Edited by brtdud7

update:

im on the clock. pick 2.1.

QBs gone: rodgers, brees, peyton

RBs gone: the top 10 RBs (who you expect to be gone in a first round of a 14 team keeper)

WRs gone: Andre

thinking of Megatron here to pair with MJD? or is there someone else to target?

Edited by brtdud7

What are your lineup requirements?

CJ is an option regardless, but, for instance, as this is a non-PPR, if you are required to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs and then have a flex, a very strong argument could be made for some of the best available RBs, as you could then have 2 strong RBs to go along with Matthews and still address WR in the upcoming rounds.

uhh, no.

The only way to do a start up is a separate vet and a separate rookie draft with the rookie draft the opposite order of the vet.

There is no "only way" to do something.

I have seen very valid arguments for both doing a normal draft with all players available in the initial year, and the arguments for going with separate rookie and veteran drafts. I can say I have not been convinced that one or the other is in any way superior to the other.

That said, I certainly do not like the setup of this league where there is apparently only one round of rookie picks. It will make for some very interesting, and likely a very active initial waiver wire as owners jockey for adding in rookies for this dynasty league.

@ big country:

non PPR. 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex. i dont have ryan mathews and wont get him. so far i have MJD and wont have another pick until 3.14

I personally love CJ for your pick (especially with more weapons to keep the triple-teams off him), and the keeper aspect only adds to that... With you starting 3 WRs, and the top 10 backs and top QBs gone, WR for sure seems the target, and to me it's a choice between him and Fitz (whoever you like better; Fitz is still young and I think he should produce regardless of QB), but I agree CJ for your pick sounds great to build a solid core with MJD, and then have 2 solid keepers at both positions for the future...

@ big country:

non PPR. 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex. i dont have ryan mathews and wont get him. so far i have MJD and wont have another pick until 3.14

You're right, I forgot the trade was you giving up the early rookie pick.

Given this, arguments can be made for CJ, and, given the info we have, I'd say he is the likely choice. The only other option IMO would be if a young high upside RB is still there, given that this is a non-PPR league.

uhh, no.

The only way to do a start up is a separate vet and a separate rookie draft with the rookie draft the opposite order of the vet.

Is that so oh knowledgable fantasy guru? Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me who this years Ray Rice will be?

To say there's only one way to start a dynasty is a tad narrow minded, don't you think?

Is that so oh knowledgable fantasy guru? Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me who this years Ray Rice will be?

To say there's only one way to start a dynasty is a tad narrow minded, don't you think?

Bad choice of words, he should have said "Best Way", and I happen to agree, but even if they are not separate, why would you limit when you can draft someone?(rookies) So the commish puts in a rule you can't draft a QB til round 4 , would you go along with that? seems like a very stupid way to do a draft.

uhh, no.

You can do it this way but it is a terrible way to do it but to each its own.

bringin it back to life

I send:

Pick 4.1

Pick 5.14

I get:

Pick 4.8

Pick 5.3

If I do this, I'll have picks 3.14, 4.8, and 5.3 rather than picks 3.14, 4.1, and 5.14. Do it?

PS. Already have MJD and Megatron on my team

I wouldn't do it. You should be able to get a better return for moving down 7 spots, considering this is the initial year of the keeper league so all players are out there, just too much value early on. Unfortuantely, I am assuming your 6th rounder is still the 6.01, so not much value in countering with your 6th for his 5th. If you want to move back, I'd look for an additional bump up later on as well, like your 10th for his 8th in addition to the 5th round move.