[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFToolbox "Experts" Mock Draft

j2v

Thought 2V might go WR there, maybe 85, since one of the next three QBs (Romo, Brady, & Schaub) would have been there in the next. Must like Romo a fair amount more than the others.

Actually, it was pretty even between that next tier of QBs. I didn't want all my eggs in the Houston basket (already having AJ) and without knowing where Welker is at in his rehab I thought Romo would be the safest of that next tier of QBs. I also didn't think any of them would make it back around, which looks like what would have happened.

85 is on the short list for this round, with only a couple picks still ahead of mine in R5.

2V

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFToolbox people are definitely smoking something. And Draftanalyzer.com is apparently catching the secondary smoke given they talk about considering Crabtree after FFToolbox just took them - to say nothing of their "Gates is the #1 TE on most peoples boards" remark. Nothing against Gates, but Clark is #1 on most people's boards.

Speaking of which, Clark at 4.10 is sweet....remember when Gonzo used to go (early) 3d round?

Edited by BeeR

Some good choices here with Fred Davis and Vernon Davis still available...Having Andre gives you the luxury of waiting a bit more for your WR2, if you want, especially with Meachem, Garcon, etc...still on the board. Fred would be a great RB2/3 but Vernon is good value at this point, although you might get lucky and get Finley if you wait. Owens and Gonzo are still there as well...

Some good choices here with Fred Davis and Vernon Davis still available...Having Andre gives you the luxury of waiting a bit more for your WR2, if you want, especially with Meachem, Garcon, etc...still on the board. Fred would be a great RB2/3 but Vernon is good value at this point, although you might get lucky and get Finley if you wait. Owens and Gonzo are still there as well...

Who is Fred Davis? :wacko:

Perhaps the speed is not to your liking but the quality of their picks is one reason why it takes longer. If they did not care, they could just jam in a bunch of preselects and be done with it.

I was not talking about the speed at all I was talking about someone letting their timer expire which I would never let do even in a $1 draft but if this draft is so prestige then how can someone let their timer expire ? If someone's name and rep was on the line how could they let that happen ?

Can we just call it what it is please. It is a mock draft that is all it is nothing more nothing less and it certainly does not have more meaning that any real draft anyone has let alone a $1,000 plus entry fee buy in. That was a stupid statement by whoever said it.

We are getting close to that time where someone will step out and take a chance on Wes Welker. Considering he has been around the top 10 at WR for PPR for the last 3 years he has to be one of the biggest wild cards in this year's draft especially in any draft where you drafting over 2 months before the season starts.

What is the feeling here on where he might go as far as what round and how comfertable are you with taking him or are you just going to pass on him this year ?

Welker was a 2nd round pick in most PPR drafts last year.

I don't think I could pull the trigger on Mendenhall in the 1st round or Ryan Grant in the 2nd round this year.

I see Jennings down year last year has had no effect on his draft status he is going around the same time he was last year.

I remember how frustrating it was to own him last year.

Vincent Jackson another huge wildcard especially when drafting so soon. Another big time wildcard.

Last year Marshall fell to the 4th and 5th rounds because of his antics in the off season and now it is Vince's turn.

Felix Jones in the 3rd round is a pretty big leap of faith for a guy who has only done things in small spurts as he always seems to be injured.

Sims-Sky-Walker in the 4th another leap of faith as he had some dreadful games at times last year. Not too high on him myself this year.

Quick recap of WRs and RBs:

Round 1

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Randy Moss

Round 2

Reggie Wayne

Larry Fitzgerald

Austin Miles

Roddy White

Brandon Marshall

DeSean Jackson

Greg Jennings

Round 3

Sidney Rice

Vincent Jackson

Marques Colston

Round 4

Steve Smith (CAR)

Anquan Boldin

Steve Smith (NYG)

Mike Sims-Walker

Hakeem Nicks

Hines Ward

Round 5

Michael Crabtree

Chad Ochocinco

Wes Welker

Dwayne Bowe

Round 6

Percy Harvin

Robert Meachem

Pierre Garcon

Jeremy Maclin

Donald Driver

Mike Wallace

Steve Breaston

Round 7

Johnny Knox

Devin Hester

RBs _________________________________________

Round 1

ADP

Chris Johnson

MJD

Ray Rice

Frank Gore

Michael Turner

Rashard Mendenhall

Steven Jackson

DeAngelo Williams

Round 2

Ryan Matthews

Chris Wells

Ryan Grant

Jamaal Charles

Round 3

Knowshon Moreno

Matt Forte

Shonn Greene

Pierre Thomas

Felix Jones

Cedric Benson

Round 4

Joseph Addai

LeSean McCoyJonathan Stewart

Round 5

Brandon Jacobs

Jahvid Best

Ronnie Brown

Round 6

Reggie Bush

Carnell Williams

Ben Tate

Wow, Ryan Matthews as the 10th RB selected :wacko: , and 14th player overall.

Thats a certifiable reach.

That was my first thought as well.