[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFToolbox "Experts" Mock Draft

j2v

Wow, Ryan Matthews as the 10th RB selected :wacko: , and 14th player overall.

Thats a certifiable reach.

Like I said this is why I said people don't "get up" for mocks. Is someone doing this with a $1,000 entry on the line ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said this is why I said people don't "get up" for mocks. Is someone doing this with a $1,000 entry on the line ?

These sites putting their names to the mocks is probably worth more than any entry fee that you put out in your leagues.

These sites putting their names to the mocks is probably worth more than any entry fee that you put out in your leagues.

Don't these sites put their name to like 10-20 mock drafts anyway ?

If they only did 1 mock then I could understand the importance of having their name tied to it but when they do 10 of them and they take 10 different players in round 1 then I would say it doesn't hold much water on staking your name to something.

If they only did 1 mock then I could understand the importance of having their name tied to it but when they do 10 of them and they take 10 different players in round 1 then I would say it doesn't hold much water on staking your name to something.

and many have different formats as well as different writers that will represent the site...and I think you are pulling the 10-20 out of your rear...now if you did some actual research to support those figures then I respectfully apologize but I highly doubt you did any actual research when you tossed those numbers out

Even though Rodgers and Grant are ranked similarly on the Huddle 200 ranking and are both good value at 2.07, it would have been tempting to take Rodgers as the Huddle's 2nd pick. I'd be interested in hearing the explanation for going RB.

Is it because going WR in the 1st meant RB needed to be addressed in the 2nd (since 3.06 would be late for your RB1)?

Or was there another dynamic going on in the draft?

Rodgers was definitely tempting there. But the chance to take a true feature back in R2 with not many left on the board was too much to pass up. Plus, QB is about seven quality players deep; the thinking is that Grant and a QB lower on that list gives me a better lineup than Rodgers and whatever RB might be left over.

So to answer your question, in part I went Grant because I didn't want what was left at 3.6 to be my RB1. And in part I went Grant over Rodgers because there should still be a good QB to choose from in R3 or R4. Or if there's a sudden run, I'm not opposed to waiting a couple more rounds and rolling with a two-headed QB from the early teens in the rankings.

2V

Exactly. I'm a fan of picking QBs earlier actually, having learned the fallacy of the "you can get a good QB later" bit (yeah you CAN but your odds quickly drop), but you guys needs a reliable option at RB too much there. Grant isn't flashy but appears as a steady pick and about as safe as it gets at that point. Surprised Rodgers and Brees lasted that long.

PS I think Wells was more of a reach than Mathews.

Edited by BeeR

2 points.

1 - Taking 10 different players in Rd 1 of 10 different Mock Drafts actually makes a lot of sense. The idea being to test different draft strategies to determine which one may net you the strongest team. There would be absolutely no sense in doing 10 different Mock Drafts only to use the same strategy over and over again. And despite maybe not "Being Up" for a mock draft most participants are actually attempting to build the best team possible based on whichever strategy they are implementing in that particular mock draft so that they can actually guage the strengths of the different strategies that they do implement.

2 - And I know it will be pointless of me to to ask but if Mock Drafts are so pointless to you then why are you involving yourself in the discussion of this one? And why are you evaluating the picks that are being made?

Edited by Jrick35

2 points.

1 - Taking 10 different players in Rd 1 of 10 different Mock Drafts actually makes a lot of sense. The idea being to test different draft strategies to determine which one may net you the strongest team. There would be absolutely no sense in doing 10 different Mock Drafts only to use the same strategy over and over again. And despite maybe not "Being Up" for a mock draft most participants are actually attempting to build the best team possible based on whichever strategy they are implementing in that particular mock draft so that they can actually guage the strengths of the different strategies that they do implement.

2 - And I know it will be pointless of me to to ask but if Mock Drafts are so pointless to you then why are you involving yourself in the discussion of this one? And why are you evaluating the picks that are being made?

This is the best post that I have ever read on The Huddle.

OK. Huddle is up now. Runs on RBs and WRs. Great value at QB here.

Had Peyton still been there I would have taken him. Opted for another Tier 2 RB instead. Expecting one of those next four QBs to still be on the board when it comes back around in R4.

2V

Had Peyton still been there I would have taken him. Opted for another Tier 2 RB instead. Expecting one of those next four QBs to still be on the board when it comes back around in R4.

2V

I wouldn't be surprise if your next teir of QBs (Guessing Romo, Shcaub, Brady, Rivers) was off the board by the time it rolls back to you. At that point I would have to wait again for QB and go WR or TE.

Will this mock draft get done before the regular season kicks off ?

The plan is for this same group to reconvene and do July and August versions so you can compare who's moving up/down amongst the same group of drafters. I know the pace seems slow, but a similar group did accomplish all three drafts last year without them lingering so long as to overlap, so I'm sayin' there's a chance...

2V

2V

Moreno? ugh. I guess I'm gun shy after being high on him last year but I would've went elsewhere, like Greene or (God help me) Forte. I think they have at least as much upside.

That said, it looks like you'll get one of those 2d tier QB and be fine there.

PS: I see FBG is on top of things :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

So tell me again folks how Mock drafts are the same as real drafts because people are putting their name on the line ?

Perhaps the speed is not to your liking but the quality of their picks is one reason why it takes longer. If they did not care, they could just jam in a bunch of preselects and be done with it.