[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFToolbox "Experts" Mock Draft

j2v

Here's a link to the FFToolbox "Experts" Mock Draft (June edition). WCOFF scoring, 18 rounds, starting lineup of 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/1K/1DEF.

FFToolbox June Mock

The Huddle has the sixth pick, which at this juncture looks to be Frank Gore or Andre Johnson.

2V

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone send Rotoworld a free Huddle membership...taking ADP ahead of Chris Johnson in this format? Have they NOT learned anything??

Great pick, IMO, with Taylor gone. If Favre doesn't come back? Safe. If Favre does and AD has to pick up say 5% to 7% more work? Gold.

I think people may be a bit over-the-top on Johnson right now. I have a difficult time seeing him being capable of repeating last year's performance.

Great pick, IMO, with Taylor gone. If Favre doesn't come back? Safe. If Favre does and AD has to pick up say 5% to 7% more work? Gold.

I think people may be a bit over-the-top on Johnson right now. I have a difficult time seeing him being capable of repeating last year's performance.

I have Gore over CJ in my personal rankings. Gore's in a great position. Young QB who isn't fully trusted at this point. Solidified offensive line this year. Gore's gonna be an animal

What's the point of this mock draft ? Is it going to be used for something ? Is there money on the line ? A trophy of some sort ? What is with all the mock drafts.

Just have real drafts that mean something.

Are you serious?

To be realistic, an "experts" mock mean it is being made public so you draft to get the best team you can since it makes you look better. There is no real difference in these sort of drafts and "real" ones. All involved are going to build the best team possible.

To be realistic, an "experts" mock mean it is being made public so you draft to get the best team you can since it makes you look better. There is no real difference in these sort of drafts and "real" ones. All involved are going to build the best team possible.

This is what I was talking about. I just don't think people "get up" for a mock like they would if something was actually on the line. Just my opinion and I am sure most people will disagree with me so that is nothing against the norm here.

This is what I was talking about. I just don't think people "get up" for a mock like they would if something was actually on the line. Just my opinion and I am sure most people will disagree with me so that is nothing against the norm here.

I agree completely that people don't "get up" for a mock draft in the same way, but on the other hand, consider this analogy: If you played organized basketball, would you practice free throw shooting or would you only bother to shoot free throws during games? (And who do you think does a better job at making free throws, the guy who practices or the guy who doesn't?)

Yep, but you just have to wonder which 4-5 games Gore will be out this year...and then who's his handcuff...Coffee or Dixon? Always a lot of ??? with him every year which is why he falls down a few notches...

Misconception? Gore has missed 7 games in 5 years of play, averaging less than 2 games missed a year.

Looks like Dixon is the guy to own for the 2 games (rotoworld):

Coach Mike Singletary suggested that sixth-round RB Anthony Dixon will be used to spell Frank Gore late in games as a rookie.

"Jimmy (Raye) cannot wait to get his hands on him," Singletary said. "When you're trying to close out a game, that's the kind of guy you want in the fourth quarter." We wouldn't worry about Gore losing significant carries. Singletary made similar pronouncements about Glen Coffee last year, and Gore finished as the No. 4 RB in fantasy points per game. Coffee may struggle to see the field this year.

Misconception? Gore has missed 7 games in 5 years of play, averaging less than 2 games missed a year.

He's missed at least 2-3 games in each of these past 2 years, plus he's played gimpy in a couple of others...he's a solid contributor when he's in there and deserves to be in the top 5-10 RBs off the board for sure, but ranking him above Chris Johnson was a little far-fetched to me which is what I was trying not so hard to point out in my earlier post...I should have just come out and said 'You eeeddddiiioootttt' :wacko:

I'll try and be meaner next time...but thanks for promptly correcting my additude :tup:

I agree completely that people don't "get up" for a mock draft in the same way, but on the other hand, consider this analogy: If you played organized basketball, would you practice free throw shooting or would you only bother to shoot free throws during games? (And who do you think does a better job at making free throws, the guy who practices or the guy who doesn't?)

Henry doesn't require practice. If Henry were shooting free throws, without any pratice whatsoever he would drain the shot without hitting the rim or the net. It would be so pretty and so perfect every time that the opposing team would insist on awarding Henry an extra point for every free throw.

Henry is the Jack Bauer of FF. Mess with his if you choose, but understand the consequences. It will not end well for you. Even Chuck Norris is skittish about tangling with Henry.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Henry doesn't require practice. If Henry were shooting free throws, without any pratice whatsoever he would drain the shot without hitting the rim or the net. It would be so pretty and so perfect every time that the opposing team would insist on awarding Henry an extra point for every free throw.

Henry is the Jack Bauer of FF. Mess with his if you choose, but understand the consequences. It will not end well for you. Even Chuck Norris is skittish about tangling with Henry.

You should be careful using both names in the same sentence. We may not hear from you for awhile.

I know. Did'nt know whether to laugh or just scratch my head over that one.

As bad as cbs' fantasy advice is, they got a real nice start there IMO.

A nice start because the people around the pick felt like taking tier 2/3 RBs over Tier 1 WRs.

Ugh.

Even though Rodgers and Grant are ranked similarly on the Huddle 200 ranking and are both good value at 2.07, it would have been tempting to take Rodgers as the Huddle's 2nd pick. I'd be interested in hearing the explanation for going RB.

Is it because going WR in the 1st meant RB needed to be addressed in the 2nd (since 3.06 would be late for your RB1)?

Or was there another dynamic going on in the draft?

Edited by Company of Heroes

Even though Rodgers and Grant are ranked similarly on the Huddle 200 ranking and are both good value at 2.07, it would have been tempting to take Rodgers as the Huddle's 2nd pick. I'd be interested in hearing the explanation for going RB.

Is it because going WR in the 1st meant RB needed to be addressed in the 2nd (since 3.06 would be late for your RB1)?

Or was there another dynamic going on in the draft?

I can't speak for 2v but my guess is that he like me and many see that you can draft a QB later and not really lose much at all...I highly doubt 2v felt like he had to take a RB (read his comments on his 1st selection)