[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AC Question

keggerz

Just went into the garage and noticed that there is a good amount of water at the base of the "furnace"...the actual ac is outside the house of course...any way I have never noticed this before (don't go in the garage much as we don't park the car in it, go figure)...not only is there a fair amount of water around the "furnace"(if that is what it is) but also under the stairs and has started to travel and is puddling near the garage door...doesn't sound normal but before I called the landlord I figured I would ask here first

Just went into the garage and noticed that there is a good amount of water at the base of the "furnace"...the actual ac is outside the house of course...any way I have never noticed this before (don't go in the garage much as we don't park the car in it, go figure)...not only is there a fair amount of water around the "furnace"(if that is what it is) but also under the stairs and has started to travel and is puddling near the garage door...doesn't sound normal but before I called the landlord I figured I would ask here first

Had that happen once, evidently I have some sort of small electrical pump that shoots out condensate water. It was a little blue plastic box (separate from) but around the base of the furnace.

i can't really get down to see if there is a plug that is clogged but it would make sense...especially with the amount of humidity we have had and the condensation buildup....if it weren't for my F'n bad back I could get a better look at it.

make sure the condensation "boat" is plugged in otherwise it won't pump the water to the drain.

I don't know what that means, but it's probably good advice.

All I know is ours plugged up 8 years ago and the overflow drain pipe had rotted out. We didn't notice that until the ceiling caved in in one room.

If the AC is still cooling fine but you are still leaking water, then it is most likely the condensate drain. If you look above your furnace, about 3-4", you will see a hose, or pvc pipe, or something, coming from the ductwork. This is your condensate drain. They will plug up on occasion. If you can locate this, chances are it is a vinyl hose, or garden hose. Try to unhook it. If you can, and a bunch of water gushes out, there is your problem. Take a wire, like a coat hanger, and waller out the hole, both on the hose and the ductwork part. (The AC coil is in there).