[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hixon Out For Year

Footballjoe

FFChamps) Updating our previous Domenik Hixon report, it turns out the hyper-extended knee from yesterday is now a torn ACL. He'll have surgery in a few weeks and will miss the 2010 season. Analysis: Cross Hixon off your Wide Receiver prospects, he wont be playing this year.

All hail Ramses

Doesn't he top out as the no.3 WR if he's able to surpass Mario Manningham? If Super Mario plays the way he did at times last year, I don't see Barden getting on the field much unless it's in the redzone. Even then, I still see Smith/Nicks/Beckham/running game as better options.

Doesn't he top out as the no.3 WR if he's able to surpass Mario Manningham? If Super Mario plays the way he did at times last year, I don't see Barden getting on the field much unless it's in the redzone. Even then, I still see Smith/Nicks/Beckham/running game as better options.

Absolutely right. Much of Hixon's value is on special teams. He didn't do much as a WR last year so this this injury does not signify any big opportunity for Barden or anyone else. That said, he's clearly a player they are working hard to develop and he will be on the field more than last year. The buzz right now is he's learned the offense well and has improved his quickness off the line, an issue last year. He's got his work cut out for him to pass Mario though.