[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

biodiesel

dmarc117

We're making it where I work. We're research though, not production. I can't really provide any details.

Can you tell him and then contract me out to kill him, I could use the work right now. Not only that, but in case the worse happens, it is something I could put on my resume.

Has this stopped you before? Weren't you the one espousing the virtues of switchgrass in the past?

Well its no secret that switchgrass grows very quickly and is a viable source of biomass. We've been using waste wood from a pulp mill so far and have made biodiesel. We hope to run trials with grass and sorghum soon. It's details on the reactors I have to be careful about. We're also making mixed alcohol fuels from biomass. I will say that for one of the pilot reactors we have, there are two contracts for commercial size plants.

My younger brother is looking into it but does not think it will be feasible. One concern is the source of used oil. He was telling me about a law that allows larger companies access to used oil but not really sure what he was talking about. May just do with Virginia.

i have a few buddies that bought mixing tanks and supplies when fuel was at it's peak. To my knowledge, none of them are making fuel now. It's labor intensive, but pretty cheap to make. If I remember right, they we're getting an end product for about $1.20/gal.

I have heard that it's tough to get 2008 or newer diesel motors to run worth a damn on the used french fry oil derived stuff. Then again, they don't run great on #2 diesel - dang regneration...

Well its no secret that switchgrass grows very quickly and is a viable source of biomass. We've been using waste wood from a pulp mill so far and have made biodiesel. We hope to run trials with grass and sorghum soon. It's details on the reactors I have to be careful about. We're also making mixed alcohol fuels from biomass. I will say that for one of the pilot reactors we have, there are two contracts for commercial size plants.

Hey whoop, why only plant waste? I know there is work in the animal by-products area (There's a turkey plant in Carthage, MO that is purportedly running on some biofuel made from turkey innards). But given the hugh amount of waste generated by the meat industry, surely that is as viable a source as plants, right? What's the difference?