[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To all the day traders

Scooby's Hubby

i guess your a better man than others

so you really think that bp doesnt want this capped? really?

it's not that they don't want it capped....it's how they handled the situation...

not to mention that certain investors were informed about the spill before the public so they can pull their money out....

they had to try and use this bullchit dispersant spray that did nothing .....and then over a month later, they decide to put on a cap that "they know will work" :wacko:

....C'MON MAANNNN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things I am most thankful in life is that for me to put food on the table and a roof over my head doesn't involve making money off other's misfortunes. And then coming on to the internet to make a brag post about it. I would rather be homeless and starving than to try to make money off the BP oil spill. I don't mind making money off BP in an everyday transactions (hell, all companies are scum to various degrees), but profiting during one the worst environmental disasters in history that has impacted so many innocent lives is bad karma in my book. To each his own.

it's not that they don't want it capped....it's how they handled the situation...

not to mention that certain investors were informed about the spill before the public so they can pull their money out....

they had to try and use this bullchit dispersant spray that did nothing .....and then over a month later, they decide to put on a cap that "they know will work" :wacko:

....C'MON MAANNNN

Yeah, and now this new cap is gonna save us all. Oh wait... Sounds like yet another snag: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/14/gulf.oil....dex.html?hpt=T1

"There were some potential complications that might cause a delay -- some bad, some in the 'better to be safe than sorry' category."

“Under a worst-case scenario, however, tests might show there's more damage to the well's casing, meaning that capping the well would not stop the oil from flowing.”

And there it is again folks. The term "worst case scenario". Initially it was 5000 gallons a day. Then 10000. then because the number got too high they started using barrels. So then it was 20,000 barrels as a WORST CASE. The reality is, this thing has been leaking way more than they have let on, and they have NO IDEA how to stop it. I really hope the relief well does something, but Im skeptical. Nothing has come remotely close to even slowing this thing down. How about this - The REAL worst case scenario is the evacuation of the entire gulf coast.

One of the things I am most thankful in life is that for me to put food on the table and a roof over my head doesn't involve making money off other's misfortunes. And then coming on to the internet to make a brag post about it. I would rather be homeless and starving than to try to make money off the BP oil spill. I don't mind making money off BP in an everyday transactions (hell, all companies are scum to various degrees), but profiting during one the worst environmental disasters in history that has impacted so many innocent lives is bad karma in my book. To each his own.

Well said. :wacko:

so when is it ok to buy bp stock?

so when is it ok to buy bp stock?

Anytime you'd like to. If your conscience is free and clear, then so be it. I see thousands of companies out there to invest in that are trying to do things the right way. It's your business.

I was born in the wrong time because I still don't believe in taking advantage of unfortunate situations for my own gain. This thought process may not make me lots of money to buy more crap I really don't need, but as I said...I won't be as rich as I could by taking advantage of this...I'm okay with that. The one who dies with the most toys isn't the winner. There are other, more honorable ways, to make money. I'm old school like that.

The little bit of money I make off BP stock right now isn't worth it to me. People's mindset that money is everything and you take advantage of any circumstance probably won't understand it anymore than I understand the thinking that it's okay to make money off it.

Anytime you'd like to. If your conscience is free and clear, then so be it. I see thousands of companies out there to invest in that are trying to do things the right way. It's your business.

I was born in the wrong time because I still don't believe in taking advantage of unfortunate situations for my own gain. This thought process may not make me lots of money to buy more crap I really don't need, but as I said...I won't be as rich as I could by taking advantage of this...I'm okay with that. The one who dies with the most toys isn't the winner. There are other, more honorable ways, to make money. I'm old school like that.

The little bit of money I make off BP stock right now isn't worth it to me. People's mindset that money is everything and you take advantage of any circumstance probably won't understand it anymore than I understand the thinking that it's okay to make money off it.

i hear ya. ive always said my job is very shallow. the only purpose is to make money. i surely hate to see bad diaper dirt happen, but if it provides an opportunity to make money and thus keep my job, i will trade it. plus, im not an investor. i can make money if stocks go up or down.

:tup:

if you have ever invested in the stock market, you have invested in some shady companies. if youve ever voted for a poitician also. so ya'll need to get off the hi horses imo.

:wacko:

i hear ya. ive always said my job is very shallow. the only purpose is to make money. i surely hate to see bad diaper dirt happen, but if it provides an opportunity to make money and thus keep my job, i will trade it. plus, im not an investor. i can make money if stocks go up or down.

I'm in commercial lending...you don't have to tell me about shallow. You should see our fees. :tup::wacko:

Of course you wont hear about it in the main stream media. If all you rely on is mainstream, then you will never know the truth of anything.

I'm talking about legitimate scientific information and majority opinion more than media. So the EPA and US Center for Disease Control is part of some decades long fantastical conspiracy cover up on the toxicity of dispersants huh? :wacko:

You will always believe just what you are told.

:tup: Oh the irony.

If you are going to rationalize everything away to a conspiracy and ignore every piece of legitimate information; like with Ratass, there really is no purpose in discussion.

Edited by bushwacked

I'm talking about legitimate scientific information and opinion more than media.

:wacko: If you are going to rationalize everything away to a conspiracy and ignore every piece of legitimate information; like with Ratass, there really is no purpose in discussion.

if you're going to dismiss logic as a conspiracy theory then there really is no purpose in discussion

note: I'm pretty sure you meant conspiracy theory and not just "conspiracy"....but then again, you might be right because a conspiracy is a scenario where several facts point in one direction and in this case....there is a conspiracy....

if you're going to dismiss logic as a conspiracy theory then there really is no purpose in discussion

Anyway, I didn't completely dismiss the claim that the dispersant is apparently human kyrptonite . In fact, the only thing that is being dismissed is the some of the actual toxicology data and opinion of EPA and US Center for Disease Control.

What I actually stated if the claims are true it will certainly come to light because it can't be swept under the rug. I then asked a few questions, that were either ignored or can't be answered., concerning the legitimacy of peep's claims. The only answer I got was alluding to a cover-up conspiracy. If that's always the answer in your reason to believe, there is no use in discussion.

Edited by bushwacked

Anyway, I didn't completely dismiss the claim that the dispersant is apparently human kyrptonite . In fact, the only thing that is being dismissed is the some of the actual toxicology data and opinion of EPA and US Center for Disease Control.

What I actually stated if the claims are true it will certainly come to light because it can't be swept under the rug. I then asked a few questions, that were either ignored or can't be answered., concerning the legitimacy of peep's claims. The only answer I got was alluding to a cover-up conspiracy. If that's always the answer in your reason to believe, there is no use in discussion.

well, nobody was even allowed to report on any of the updates except what BP fed them "we're placing a new cap that will take care of it"...

the only info we're being told about the spill is what BP lets out...it's about as fair and balanced as FoxNews....

and you lost me with this one

"So the EPA and US Center for Disease Control is part of some decades long fantastical conspiracy cover up on the toxicity of dispersants huh"

what makes you think that it was "decades long"?...the toxicity of the dispersants is well known and is one of the main reasons people were becoming ill....especially when you look at other areas that the oil has reached and people were not sick because of it - it was mainly the areas where the spraying occurred...

I'm talking about legitimate scientific information and majority opinion more than media. So the EPA and US Center for Disease Control is part of some decades long fantastical conspiracy cover up on the toxicity of dispersants huh? :wacko:

:tup: Oh the irony.

If you are going to rationalize everything away to a conspiracy and ignore every piece of legitimate information; like with Ratass, there really is no purpose in discussion.

You're absolutely right. There is no purpose in discussion. Not with people like you that dismiss "conspiracy theories" just because they supposedly lack "legitimate information" (despite the numerous sources anyone can find), and the person who makes these claims always "wears a tinfoil hat". Call me what you will, but at least I dont rely on information from mainstream media.

Part of me wants to know what was "unanswered or ignored", and the other part wants to just say end of discussion. The information I provide likely wont be on CNN or Foxnews or wherever else is credible to you. But the information is certainly out there.

of course, if it wasn't for the spill and the stock trading from 60 down to 26, then I wouldn't be an owner. value swap here ... just wanted to document the time and price of the trade so this could be re-visited. To be continued ...

And that will make you feel good if and when you do make a profit on this scumbag operation? You should be proud for sure. Good for you. Now go back behind your wifes apron and hide. Better yet, go buy some BP products before you do to help your cause.

• 3 weeks later...