[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How are you cooling off this summer ?

whomper

Keeping cool  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How are you cooling off this summer ?

• Beach
    • Town Pool
    • Home Pool
    • Water parks
    • Sprinkler
    • Puddy

I have soured enough on bourbon in my life, used to be a knob creek fan. cranberry too, but I drink too much and cranberry is too tart eventually and hurts my fillings. i get burned out on it all and just rotate various drinks. another poolside is appleton estate's dark rum with dole pineapple/orange/banana. it's a happier drunk than whiskey. Texas sun + whiskey = heartburn, sunburn, and mindburn (especially if you burn :wacko: ). Now if you are in a lounge late at night after a meal well then that is different. But this is 100 degrees by the pool for 5 hours plus.

Good lord. Summertime by the pool means Meyer's Dark Rum and a little tonic. That lays a nice base and when family shows up you throw a couple of shots of tequila in the mix to ramp things up a bit. F'ing rookies.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day when I was a boozehound, it was straight vodka on the rocks with a peel or scotch straight up.

No sissy mixers for me.

Twiley, that is fine, but I am drinking a whole 1/5th of Vodka, here by the pool in 100 degree heat while floating on a floatie. No time to dry off and run inside every 2 minutes. You don't drink a whole bottle straight on 5 hours by the pool in such heat and stay awake. You would be good to mix in some type of vitamin/hydration. I guaranteee you that no sissy drinks how I drink, :tup: furthermore, I do not think you could hang by my pool and drink a 1/5 of straight scotch for 5 hours then function :wacko: , especially if you are smoking with me. :lol:

Twiley and Rajin, yall are invited to join me by the pool anytime. We have a fridge and an ice maker outside and plenty of towels. Even a hot tub for you old foagies. :tup: Let me know when you are traveling on I-20 and I will steer you in.

Good lord. Summertime by the pool means Meyer's Dark Rum and a little tonic. That lays a nice base and when family shows up you throw a couple of shots of tequila in the mix to ramp things up a bit. F'ing rookies.

in the post i mention appleton estates dark rum. i make a rum runner without the coke, basically. Rum is a happy drunk and wears off a little easier.

Twiley and Rajin, yall are invited to join me by the pool anytime. We have a fridge and an ice maker outside and plenty of towels. Even a hot tub for you old foagies. :tup: Let me know when you are traveling on I-20 and I will steer you in.

Sounds like a party. :wacko:

Twiley, that is fine, but I am drinking a whole 1/5th of Vodka, here by the pool in 100 degree heat while floating on a floatie. No time to dry off and run inside every 2 minutes. You don't drink a whole bottle straight on 5 hours by the pool in such heat and stay awake. You would be good to mix in some type of vitamin/hydration. I guaranteee you that no sissy drinks how I drink, :tup: furthermore, I do not think you could hang by my pool and drink a 1/5 of straight scotch for 5 hours then function :wacko: , especially if you are smoking with me. :lol:

PSA:

Sounds like you may have a binge drinking problem you may want to look into. I've always been told that Vodka is the alcohol of choice for alcoholics and having to do a stint at some AA meetings seemed to prove that theory. For all of those guys and gals, Vodka was the drink of choice.