[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is why you should listen to the cops

buddahj

I'm pretty sure they are now trained to tase as opposed to use physical force now.

I know - and I think it's a bad policy. There are a number of cases where tased people died - mostly those with cardio or pulmonary conditions. I've got no problem with LEOs administering a few good thumps on the melon to people who resist arrest, but nobody deserves to die for it.

I think the lady in the video should have traded places with the black guy in the Oakland subway and received a .40 slug instead of taser prongs. :wacko:

Funny as that was, it doesn't set with me right. Tasers kill people and should only be used to subdue suspects that may physically harm officers. This chick didn't weight 110 lbs with her hair wet - not really a threat. Yank her ass out of the car and throw her on the pavement. :wacko:

I do agree....and while I did laugh, I kinda felt bad because the cop almost wanted to taze her because she was annoying him...

she prompted him to act that way, but he was almost abusing his power imo...

I know - and I think it's a bad policy. There are a number of cases where tased people died - mostly those with cardio or pulmonary conditions. I've got no problem with LEOs administering a few good thumps on the melon to people who resist arrest, but nobody deserves to die for it.

I think the lady in the video should have traded places with the black guy in the Oakland subway and received a .40 slug instead of taser prongs. :tup:

well I'm sure people have died after getting thrown on the ground and taking a "few good thumps on the melon" as well. probably more than from a taser. if the people who look at all the numbers and liabilities and injuries add it all up and usually conclude that tasing is preferable to manhandling, it makes sense to me. :wacko:

well I'm sure people have died after getting thrown on the ground and taking a "few good thumps on the melon" as well. probably more than from a taser. if the people who look at all the numbers and liabilities and injuries add it all up and usually conclude that tasing is preferable to manhandling, it makes sense to me. :tup:

Agreed, you ever hit a 110 lb woman with a night stick? It really messes em up. :wacko:

I don't really agree with the decision to tase her there, but I can sympathize with the cop. When you work with the public as a cop, fireman, or paramedic you get beat down by the public. Everyone thinks they deserve special treatment, everyone thinks they're more important then everyone else, they think you should be as upset as they are about their "problems", and they all want you to kiss their ass. IT GETS OLD!! Just take your freakin' ticket and move on.

well I'm sure people have died after getting thrown on the ground and taking a "few good thumps on the melon" as well. probably more than from a taser. if the people who look at all the numbers and liabilities and injuries add it all up and usually conclude that tasing is preferable to manhandling, it makes sense to me. :wacko:

I believe the reasoning was that tasers are safer for officers - not perps. I think LEOs get paid to take those risks and tasers are a bad idea and often an abuse of power.

I believe the reasoning was that tasers are safer for officers - not perps. I think LEOs get paid to take those risks and tasers are a bad idea and often an abuse of power.

Most times I've witnessed the threat of the taser to be enough to get people to stand down. The bottom line is if you listen to the officer and do as you're told you won't get tased or injured. Why don't people think they have to obey police officers?? Act like a responsible and reasonable person and you'll be treated well.

what if it's safer for both? first thing I found:

The team examined over 24,000 cases where police had used force, including almost 5500 incidents involving a Taser. After controlling for factors such as the amount of resistance shown by the suspect, they found that Taser use reduced the overall risk of injury by 65 per cent.

Most US police departments do not use them, but MacDonald says they should consider piloting them. "Both the officer and the suspect are better off if this technology is involved," he says.

once you are pulled over you must do as the officer says promptly ... he has to act for his own safety. also, he does not have time to waste over someone's foolishness and ignorance of the law, for his own safety and ours. this lady has obviously watched too much TV and was faking the pain at the end for sure.