[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Roommate You Have Had

SEC=UGA

Also while in the USAF, I had a total of 6 roommates. All of them had their idiosyncracies, but the worst was this guy who liked to listen to his walkman to fall asleep. I could still hear it, even through his headphones, and the thing would loop and never shut off. He was transferred after about 3 months, and then I had the room to myself for about 2 months before they put this dweeb in with me. That lasted about 2 weeks, and then I moved out and down a floor with my buddy. He was a great roommate, but kind of smelly. He would work part time at the USO as a cook, and bring us back bagfulls of fried cheese stix. Another guy we worked with would keep his bottle of apple schnapps in our freezer and just pop in a odd hours to grab a drink.....strange, but good times.

What ever happened to that guy? I don't remember him being around after Freshman year.

That was funny as hell though.

I've only had one roommate ever - same time, first semester, Freshman year. He was kicked out of school after multiple arrests.

I think he only stayed a year because I never saw him after Freshman year. Diego would always be the first one to go knock the door down, that guy was great.

RIP Diego.

I've had a few that were very undesirable roommates, but the one that most annoyed me was by far this dude Jeff.

Jeff was not the brightest of individuals but by god he tried... at absolutely nothing... One of the minor annoyances to me, this was in the mid 90's, was he liked to use the phrase "(whatever the object was) is da bomb" and he would express this in an often loud voice while pumping his fist.

He was a drunk, I mean I was a drunk, but, hey, I paid for my booze. He would steal one's beer outta the fridge and then apologize, damn near in tears when you called him on it. One time, one of my buddies bought one of those home brew kits, the first batch tasted like hell, but we had already bottled it and put it in the fridge, we let Jeff drink that and he did, with a great deal of passion and excitement.

He was broke all the time. He had a job, that he occasionally went to, but spent that money on beer and Josh Gordon. So he subsequently never had any food, so, once again, he would steal our food. It got to the point that we would buy a little extra just so we would have something to eat. He was usually late on his portion of rent or utilities.

Did I mention he liked to smoke Josh Gordon. Well, given the fact that he had no money, he didn't smoke it too often. None of the rest of us in the apartment were really into the whole Josh Gordon smoking thing. So, Jeff would light up in the living room and it was annoying as hell (personally, I hate the smell of Josh Gordon) so we had to make him smoke it in his room or when we were out of the apartment. Of course you could still smell the Josh Gordon, but, oh, well...

He was just odd, we would come home from a night out drinking, he wouldn't go because he was broke and we had floated his ass enough so we quit taking him with us. When we would get home, all the lights would be off and he'd be sitting in front of the TV playing NCAA football. When he would go out, since he never went to class it didn't matter on the day, he'd come rolling in with all the grace of a tornado. The worst scenario was one that I had mentioned before... He loved the movie Braveheart. He would get to the point of the movie where d-bag gives his speech, turn it up to damn near max volume, and recite the part along with the movie, trying to copy the accent and inflection. When the speech ended, he would rewind and start over again. I finally have to get up go in the living room and threaten his and the televisions life. He finally acquiesced.

He had no car. So being the charitable person that I am I would let him use mine. Got up one morning to go to class... My car was gone. I walked to class, walked home form class, car was not home. Had another class a couple hours later, no car... got home form class, no car. Around 6:00 that evening Jeff comes rolling in, bags of groceries and all happy because he has some food. Jeff, tell me you have my f'ing car. Yeah I needed to borrow it t do some stuff today... I f'ing lost it, car privileges revoked.

He was not the cleanest person... He was annoying... He was rude... I think at one point one of our other roommates had gotten him a job where he worked, which Jeff pretty quickly got fired from.

But, Millerx had a worst roommate at one point (me) and this dude named Paul and I am seriously surprised that he has not posted about him...

I had a extreme neatfreak for a roomate one year. He would hate it when I cooked Salmon croquettes. One time he got one of those electric smoker/grills. We lived on the 2nd floor. I put on a brisket and then bailed for at least 8 hours. I came back and the grease trap and grill had tumped down to the people who were below us all on their patio furniture that they were gonna return for their money back. Ants were everywhere, but not on the brisket so I still ate it. I think he was Felix Unger and I was Oscar.

I enjoyed living with my parents more than this one roomate. My parents didn't worry about what time I got in or where I was or who I was with. I was always a night owl back then and would stay out til 4 AM or later. This roomate would basically wait up for me and wonder who I was with. He'd drive me crazy with having to know everything. He had a girlfriend and they were very conservative. At the end of the lease, he wanted to know if we were going to renew it. I was like, sorry no can do...you are stricter than my parents that I moved away from. They went down to the Justice of the Peace and got married like 3 days later so they could live together without sin. :wacko:

I moved back in with my parents for about 6 months, paid off debt, built my first house and vowed to never have another roomate again in my life.