[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R. White v. G. Jennings

Go Skins

I have the 5th pick in two of my big money locals... after mocking for a bit, seems I often have to choose between Roddy White and Greg Jennings in the second round (2.8). (One leauge is PPR , the other is not...) My "stats and research" tell me R. White, but I want to like Jennings this year more... Who do you prefer?

GB advice threads in the wrong forum.

Sorry about the wrong forum... 7 years, and it's still unclear to me, I apologize for my ignorance... I see other topics in here about how good players will be, etc... I guess if you take out info about where a player would be drafted, and just talk about who's better, then it's okay? Anyhow, sorry... just curious on your thoughts about which WR will have a better season...

All the gurus say White but if I had a decent WR core going in I'd take a stab @ Jennings. He had a helluva year in '08 so you know the possibility is there. Driver is about shot (but a gamer) and Jones is iffy.

Rogers is going to be throwing somewhere and Jennings looks like his best option.

All the gurus say White but if I had a decent WR core going in I'd take a stab @ Jennings. He had a helluva year in '08 so you know the possibility is there. Driver is about shot (but a gamer) and Jones is iffy.

Rogers is going to be throwing somewhere and Jennings looks like his best option.

Nope. JerMicael Finley is the correct answer. Finley is the only option that he looks to in the redzone. It's Finley or a crapshoot in the redzone. Jennings is very good, but not great. Keep in mind that in 08 you had a very young Jones/Nelson duo, Finley who didn't see action and a first year starter at QB. Rodgers spreads the ball around. Matt Ryan locks onto Roddy White, and Roddy will get far more TD's than Jennings.

White is the go to unquestioned no.1 option in that pass offense. Jennings is 2.A. Behind Finley.

If you have ever owned Jennings before then you know the answer ... I will never draft that guy again.

Uh... Really?

in 07 he put up 920 yards and 12 td's

in 08 he put up 1290 yards and 9 td's

in 09 he put up 1120 yards and 4 td's

Last year he was down, bust still top 20. You make it seem like he's burnt people over and over again. You have got to be the ultimate knee-jerk.

please explain.

He's had both knees cleaned up this off-season. Everyone is freaking out because of his age. He's getting old, but he's far from shot. I think he keeps the starting job for the majority of the year this year and is servicable next year.

Uh... Really?

in 07 he put up 920 yards and 12 td's

in 08 he put up 1290 yards and 9 td's

in 09 he put up 1120 yards and 4 td's

Last year he was down, bust still top 20. You make it seem like he's burnt people over and over again. You have got to be the ultimate knee-jerk.

He's had both knees cleaned up this off-season. Everyone is freaking out because of his age. He's getting old, but he's far from shot. I think he keeps the starting job for the majority of the year this year and is servicable next year.

it's no knee jerk - he just went through serious TD droughts last year and you would think being in that offense he would have more TDs. I wouldn't want him as my WR1 this time, although you want to believe he will have a season more like 2008 with 9 TDs. Like many on this post, I would take Roddy White over him this year.

it's no knee jerk - he just went through serious TD droughts last year and you would think being in that offense he would have more TDs. I wouldn't want him as my WR1 this time, although you want to believe he will have a season more like 2008 with 9 TDs. Like many on this post, I would take Roddy White over him this year.

If you read my post you would have seen that I said Roddy White was the pick because he would score more touchdowns. I also said he wasn't a WR1, but even in a down year he didn't suck. I don't even know why I bother with you.

Yeah, Roddy White has always been a guy I never seem to know much about, and have never had him on my team, and the supposed absence of a solid #2 WR in ATL should make him get double teamed... but he does get it done. Thanks for all the thoughts. I think White would be the way to go...

If you have ever owned Jennings before then you know the answer ... I will never draft that guy again.

completely agree.

those who had him before last year may have enjoyed his rise to stardom, but he was nothing more than a guy in the mix on a very good passing team last year. and if you view the scores he did have, he was fairly fortunate to get them. at least one or two were on missed tackles.

don't know how you could even consider him over White.