[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help - who to keep - serious league

hirdy13

Hi all.

I'm in a 12 team keeper league that starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K & DST and must keep 4 plus a rookie.

I have nominated so far...

Ronnie Brown

Sidney Rice

Greg Jennings

Beanie Wells (Rookie)

I must keep 1 other from

Vernon Davis

Steve Smith CAR

Matt Leinart

Dwayne Bowe

All the good QB's are kept, the best I'll get in the re-draft is between Flacco, Kolb & Cutler.

So what are the thoughts on Leinart? Or who else do I keep?

Send a link to your question & I'll respond!

Based on lineup reqs, I'd go with Vernon Davis. I'd rather lock in a potential stud TE than a backup WR.

Any chance you can trade some of these guys (Bowe or Smith in particular) for picks.

I can't see Leinart being a real option barring something strange in the rules and plenty of similarly ranked QBs being available.

Vernon is turning into a Stud.

Matt Lightheart is soft and won't last as starter IMO.

Steve Smith has be good for a long time but he has also been good for a long time. He is risky. Broken arm three times.

Bowe is a good WR. I like him a lot.

Believe it or not I like Stafford.

I also think Rice is a product of Farve, if he plays fine if not his production drops drastically.

Jennings is a stud.

I would keep Davis as having a stud at TE is important in head to head matchups. That is a plus come game time. People overlook the importance of a real pass catching, scoring TE, especially in a PPR league. You have to have a solid TE to compete some weeks. Look at the winners in your leagues they most often have a Dallas Clark, Witten, Gonzales, or Gates on their roster.

I can trade the WR's but must nominate them as keepers first which leaves me with a problem - sounds like I go with Vernon & draft a QB back at a later stage or I keep Bowe & trade him & Someone else for a better player etc. Problem is I'd have to have the trade lined up first!

I would keep Davis and go for Kolb(3 years in the Philly program)-has a good corps of returning WR's. Cutler -too many interceptions, Flacco- on a running team with questionable receivers. Boldin in a new program, and much colder weather down the road.

Based on lineup reqs, I'd go with Vernon Davis. I'd rather lock in a potential stud TE than a backup WR.

I can't see Leinart being a real option barring something strange in the rules and plenty of similarly ranked QBs being available.

The first statement above was the first thing I thought when I read your post. And I feel similarly to both of these(above and below) witth regard to the QB position.

I'm not saying I would keep either in your spot, but why on Earth would you keep Matt Leinart over Carson Palmer?

I can trade the WR's but must nominate them as keepers first which leaves me with a problem - sounds like I go with Vernon & draft a QB back at a later stage or I keep Bowe & trade him & Someone else for a better player etc. Problem is I'd have to have the trade lined up first!

Keep Davis. Trading after keepers defeats the purpose.

Definitely go Palmer over Leinart if it comes down to it, but I wouldn't keep either of them in your case (although TO did just sign with Bengals!). Sounds like your free agent QBs are really good. I would consider Kolb, Cutler and Flacco on par or above Palmer.

When is your deadline? The longer you can hold out to find if Favre is returning the better for you. I like Sidney Rice, but Bowe more if there is no Favre.

Otherwise because you HAVE to start a TE you should keep Vernon. R.Brown, Jennings, S.Rice and Wells.

Highly prioritize RB with your first pick in the free agent draft. Take a QB with your second pick because it sounds like your league has a deep pool of QBs available and you can afford to wait a round. Unless Peyton is available, I really dont like Ronnie Brown as RB1, he is too injury prone.

Any chance you can trade some of these guys (Bowe or Smith in particular) for picks.

This. The wisdom of BC never ceases to amaze...