[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.Jackson - Moreno trade

joolfool

Hey.

Have real problems deciding about this trade. So help a Swede out!

I am offered DeJean Jackson for K Moreno and T.O.

That woulde leave me with J Charles R Bush and A Foster at running back and S Rice S Smith(CAR) D Jackson Crabtree Floyd at recievers.

Im in a league with standard scoring system plus points for returnyards.

Tnx Joel

Wrong forum for future reference. This shoould go in the advice forum.

To beter answer the question, would need to know your lineup requirements and, define "standard" scoring. I'll assume it is basically 1 pt per 10 yards and 6 pr TD, but do you include PPR?

Basically, if you have to start 2 RBs, I don't think I could reccomend doing the trade, especially if there is no PPR, which you would need to make Bush aviable option on a week to week basis. Foster is a very risky choice with Slaton and tate in HOU as well.

Also, if you can't start 4 WRs, not a lot of point ot the deal as you already have a very strong top 3 WRs and TO could still have a strong year in the tank in Cincy.

Wrong forum for future reference. This shoould go in the advice forum.

To beter answer the question, would need to know your lineup requirements and, define "standard" scoring. I'll assume it is basically 1 pt per 10 yards and 6 pr TD, but do you include PPR?

Basically, if you have to start 2 RBs, I don't think I could reccomend doing the trade, especially if there is no PPR, which you would need to make Bush aviable option on a week to week basis. Foster is a very risky choice with Slaton and tate in HOU as well.

Also, if you can't start 4 WRs, not a lot of point ot the deal as you already have a very strong top 3 WRs and TO could still have a strong year in the tank in Cincy.

Ok sorry for missposting then and thanks for your opinion!

Its not an PPR league and the scoring you assumed was correct. 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Kicker 1 Def

Just a bit worried by Rice and Smiths injury status therefor D Jackson feels interesting for me, also cause of points being rewarded for returnyards, 1 per 25 y.

I wouldn't do this trade under any circumstances. I think D-Jax is the most overrated player in FF this year. 8 of his 9 TD's came from 50 yds or more. I wouldn't expect more than 5 TD's from D-Jax this year. Also, I have Moreno pegged as this years sleeper RB. He was never 100% all last year, and that coupled with adjusting to the speed of the game made him look lost at times. I expect to see some of the flash he showed at UGA this year. You can't do this trade, IMO.

I wouldn't do this trade under any circumstances. I think D-Jax is the most overrated player in FF this year. 8 of his 9 TD's came from 50 yds or more. I wouldn't expect more than 5 TD's from D-Jax this year. Also, I have Moreno pegged as this years sleeper RB. He was never 100% all last year, and that coupled with adjusting to the speed of the game made him look lost at times. I expect to see some of the flash he showed at UGA this year. You can't do this trade, IMO.

I agree with the Moreno comment ,, I have been able to grab him fairly cheep in (2) dynasty leagues , so I'm hoping we are both right

To expand on Moreno, last year he was nicked up and the blocking wasn't suited for him.

This off season they've implemented a power blocking style that suits Moreno's talents far better, and McDaniels has said that Moreno will have a very large role in the passing game this year.

Also remember that Moreno now knows what to expect from a season in the NFL. He's preparing to make it through a whole season. I know I'm one of the few, but I like him MUCH more than Beanie Wells, or any of the rookie RB's this year. I think he'll finish somewhere between the 8-12th RB.

I'm not a Moreno guy. I just never saw the talent that turned him into a mid-1st round draft pick last season. I just don't think he's an incredibly dynamic runner. At the same time, I'm a huge Jackson backer. That guy is one of the most talented players in the NFL, let alone one of the most talented WR's. He is going to find a way to be successful. He's a legit stud.

Still, I don't do this deal if I'm you. At some point you're going to need a RB that gets most of his team's carries. Moreno, barring injury, should do that easily. You've got WR's, and you have some upside at RB, but I think you've got to roll the dice and hope Moreno turns into a semi-stud.