[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez Bryant injured in practice

JUMbotron

http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_news.php

Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant (ankle) appeared to have injured his right ankle in a collision with CB Orlando Scandrick, reports Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News. Bryant was helped off the field by trainers.

Huddle Up: David Moore of the Cowboys SportsDay blogger writes: "The injury occured when Bryant went over the middle trying to catch a ball thrown by Jon Kitna. He crashed to the turf, unable to make the play, and cornerback Orlando Scandrick landed on top of him. Bryant tried to get up twice under his own power and went back to the field. Two members of the training staff helped him off the field. He was clearly favoring his right ankle/leg." More news as we get it...

Thanks,

JUM

just watched video of the play. Hard to tell obviously the extent of the injury. MRI coming...

link to video

I will speculate and say that the way they went down that I won't be surprised if the MRI shows a high ankle sprain...then again even if it is worse than expected I would look for the Cowboys to downplay it some.

Edited by keggerz

link to video

I will speculate and say that the way they went down that I won't be surprised if the MRI shows a high ankle sprain...then again even if it is worse than expected I would look for the Cowboys to downplay it some.

got the stats of that happening? :wacko:

http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_news.php

Updating an ongoing story, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said WR Dez Bryant (ankle) will be out for four to six weeks, reports ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Huddle Up: Mortensen just tweeted it. The Cowboys kick off in 44 days on Sunday night September 12th at Washington. If Bryant's sprain is of the high variety it could be more like seven weeks and he'll miss the opener. Plus he wouldn't get any reps in training camp. Hopefully the injury is overdiagnosed and it turns out to be closer to four weeks.

Thanks,

JUM

WIth all the hype that Bryant has been getting, he has been moving up in fantasy dratts. Wonder if this will depress his drafting stock and make him a value or if people will still be optmistic about a rookie WR?

I bet they remain optimistic. Everyone loves an unproven rookie.

I say he doesn't get on track until week 8 or 9 after missing a likely 6 weeks unless he rushes it, we'll see him catch on a little bit later...

I mentioned previously that I thought he would have injury problems (based on nothing and not even my hatred for the Cowboys, just a random gut feeling - the last time I had one like this, Vick was injured in pre-season vs the Ravens) but I didn't expect him to miss what might be the most important part of his season when it comes to being able to perform at a high level earlier on than what he's in for...

and yeah, I'm psychic...

Assuming it's just a sprain and nothing is torn he'll be back to 100% in 3 weeks or so probably, I'd love to see this kid on the field in Week 1 at full strength...

High ankle sprains are way worse than a three week injury. Especially for a WR.

WIth all the hype that Bryant has been getting, he has been moving up in fantasy dratts. Wonder if this will depress his drafting stock and make him a value or if people will still be optmistic about a rookie WR?

I bet they remain optimistic. Everyone loves an unproven rookie.

Add in that he's regarded as the best wr in the draft and on a high powered offense and I also think people remain optimistic.