[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those tricky credit card companies

buddahj

I'd bet Timmay is talking about Household Bank??? I had a CC through them in the mid-90s and got smacked with a late fee. I was aghast - I'd never paid a bill late in my life. I had the old anachronistic bank account where you actually got your canceled checks back and whaddaya know, the check was cashed 3 days prior to the date it was posted. I figured it was just an error, got it corrected, and the next month they did it again. So I called, let them know I was calling my state AG and to kill the card. I went round and round with customer retention (worse than any used-car salesman you can think of) but ended up getting all late fees credited and such.

The thing is, you can't keep people from doing this. HH bank was in violation of the laws THEN. As for swammi's whining, how much of my life do I owe my "fellow man"? Tell me. Give me a number. One percent? Five percent? How much would you take, at the point of a gun (remember, gov is FORCE) to give to someone too stupid to do what I did on my own? Just give me a number.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit cards are for suckers. Plain and simple. The majority of people with credit card debt are poor people that can't handle themselves emotionally and financially. Easiest way out of credit card debt is to stop buying crap you can't afford. People need to be knocked upside the head for ever carrying a balance. These are the first people we could start killing to help America return to greatness again.

Considering then fact that my wifes insurance did not cover Invetro Fertilzation and we wanted to have a child and didnt have 25k lying around we "charged" my son . 5 yrs later and I will finally pay off my dept , but I hardly consider myself a sucker Tim, so you should really think of the possibilites a little more before posting a comment like that.

Capital One received $3,555,199,000 in bailout funds.

Yeah, we need to raise taxes. :wacko:

I have a closed card with a balance I transferred to pay off, 2.9%. Always pay, one month I noticed the rate was 29.99%, no late fees, payment was posted on time. I called, they said it would take 20 days to look into it. They never called back, I called again 21 days later, they said their mistake, oops. Bassturds.

Considering then fact that my wifes insurance did not cover Invetro Fertilzation and we wanted to have a child and didnt have 25k lying around we "charged" my son . 5 yrs later and I will finally pay off my dept , but I hardly consider myself a sucker Tim, so you should really think of the possibilites a little more before posting a comment like that.

No he doesn't. Your example is a really extreme and rare example. Generally his thoughts are correct. You could easliy have turned out a sucker. You made a choice to charge 25k. What if it did not work. Would you have charged another 25k?

No he doesn't. Your example is a really extreme and rare example. Generally his thoughts are correct. You could easliy have turned out a sucker. You made a choice to charge 25k. What if it did not work. Would you have charged another 25k?

he said it was "plain and simple" I disagree.

You could have gone to Mexico and gotten a kid for $200 tops.

$50.00 if it was a minority. I'll bet GK Trey wanted one of those fancy white Northern European babies though. Why do you think Angelina Jolie and Madonna get the little African and Indian babies? Cause it saves them $24,950...and putting 50 bones one a credit card isn't that big of a deal.