[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

quitters penalty

glo

Greetings

Our league is mulling over issuing a fine to a player who has abandoned their team.

Have any of you used this in the past and how did it work?

Thanks

G

. :tup:. :tup:. :lol:

:lol::wacko::lol:

. :(. :(. :(

Not quite sure how you'd enforce a fine on a guy who has quit...

Edited by Bronco Billy

So far everyone asked is up for this, and willing to pay the extra and have it returned at the end of the season.

However there is one who is less than happy.

G

Might as well replace him now

This is actually a pretty good idea. I like it a lot. I wish we had it in place in a baseball league right now for a prick who stopped caring the second he was out of the race

The one who is unhappy with this is one of the founding payers in this bunch, he does not quit but I think $ is the issue... Just a thought

I don't understand why said owner has a problem with the money issue if he/she isn't the one having to pay the fine.

If it were my league, I'd be fine with it. This may be something you'd need to put in the rules for future reference to be fair though. I say propose the fine to the owner in question for being a jacknard and screwing up the integrity of the league, if he balks or there is enough dissention from other owners vote to include the fine/expulsion in the rules/bylaws for future seasons.

I don't understand why said owner has a problem with the money issue if he/she isn't the one having to pay the fine.

If it were my league, I'd be fine with it. This may be something you'd need to put in the rules for future reference to be fair though. I say propose the fine to the owner in question for being a jacknard and screwing up the integrity of the league, if he balks or there is enough dissention from other owners vote to include the fine/expulsion in the rules/bylaws for future seasons.

We are thinking about imposing a quitter's fine in one of my leagues, and two cheapskates who don't want to pay any "deposit," on principal. Though we do not expect that they will be part of the problem, as they never have been before, we can't exactly impose it against select people in the league, can we? Also, while I understand that in most cases it is pretty easy to see which teams have quit, how does a league objectively determine which managers have "quit," and when and how? I've seen guys who quit outright, guys who throw games for their own amusement and other, less clear circumstances which would indicate that they really just do not care that much. Commissioner or league vote? Does anybody have a league set of rules to take care of this?

The quitting standards would be two weeks of empty slots or suspended/IR players in the line up and then to just outright ask them.

Never thought about someone throwing a game though.

This is our 5th year and we had a guy let go from the company and he quit, then the next year a hotshot joined the league and lost the frist 5 games so he gave up. One third of our players are from vendors we deal with on a regular basis and have never had any issues with them, it is always our own.

G