[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL position changes

flemingd

"As part of our on-going partnership with Rotoworld.com, we will be updating our player database and changing the position of several players to match the position on the Rotoworld.com Depth Charts. The complete list of player position changes is shown on this page. These changes will take effect on Friday morning, August 27th."

First year running MFL league after many years of CBS/Fanball and just got email notification on this today. I'm fine with this as of today, but how often do they do this? The Anquan Boldin thing made a huge stink last year as it affected who was in our championship game - the guy with Boldin was in, then was out. Thankfully he wouldn't have won had he been in it otherwise it would have been worse.

Back to original point - do they make these update during the season? Is it always "one last update in last August"? Or is it just whenever the Penny Lane Rotoworld updates?

Edited by flemingd

I don't know what you are talking about with regards to Boldin but MFL usually does this just once right prior to the season starting...rotoworld is who MFL uses but they don't update every single time that rotoworld does...like I said they wait til about this time each year...you also have commish powers to change a positon if your league wants to use different criteria to desigate player positions

I don't know what you are talking about with regards to Boldin but MFL usually does this just once right prior to the season starting...rotoworld is who MFL uses but they don't update every single time that rotoworld does...like I said they wait til about this time each year...you also have commish powers to change a positon if your league wants to use different criteria to desigate player positions

Boldin's scoring change in week 15 last year - he was originally credited with a reception for a TD, got changed to a rush on Thursday after due to official scoring change - Boldin owner lost points and therefore the game (which he had won by TB).

Anyway, thanks for the reply. My homer league is very wanky about changes due to the unexpected - the more we know up front, the more we can be prepared for. We can very civilly have a discussion in August "how do we handle it if they re-classify Jermichael Finley a WR in week 7" - but try having that the day MFL updates and I'll have anarchy on my hands.

Boldin's scoring change in week 15 last year - he was originally credited with a reception for a TD, got changed to a rush on Thursday after due to official scoring change - Boldin owner lost points and therefore the game (which he had won by TB).

There are scoring changes just about every week. Your league should have a rule in place about how/when those get applied. In most of my leagues, if the scoring change comes out prior to the first kickoff of the following week, it is applied. If it does not come out until after the following week's first kickoff, it is not applied.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. My homer league is very wanky about changes due to the unexpected - the more we know up front, the more we can be prepared for. We can very civilly have a discussion in August "how do we handle it if they re-classify Jermichael Finley a WR in week 7" - but try having that the day MFL updates and I'll have anarchy on my hands.

Generally speaking, i think MFL only does the position updates right at the beginning of the season, but, as noted above, the commish can always make manual changes if you choose to not use MFL as your offical source for position designation.

Along these lines, what position is Dexter McCluster (Chiefs)?

He was listed as a RB on a Fanball draft kit sticker in a draft I was in Tuesday evening.

I've seen him as a WR pretty much everywhere else.

For what it is worth, both NFL.com and Myfantasyleague have him listed as a WR.

Along these lines, what position is Dexter McCluster (Chiefs)?

He was listed as a RB on a Fanball draft kit sticker in a draft I was in Tuesday evening.

I've seen him as a WR pretty much everywhere else.

Good lord people still go to that train wreck of a site? I get it that it was a draft kit sticker. Just saying....FANBALL = Garbage.

Good lord people still go to that train wreck of a site? I get it that it was a draft kit sticker. Just saying....FANBALL = Garbage.

I used to use it, and be a major proponent for it, until last year.

One of the leagues I'm in stayed with it. It's working much better this year vs. last.

From: http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2010...147&FAQ=820

Official NFL Statistics Changes

Occasionally, the Elias Sports Bureau (the official Statistician of the NFL) will make official statistics changes after a week's games have been completed. Note that there is no set schedule for when these corrections are announced - they might be announced a day after a game is over, and at other times, it may be weeks later.

When changes happen after we've issued "Final Weekly Results" for a given week, we allow you, as the league commissioner, to decide if you'd like to include or exclude these late statistics changes from your league results. You can do this from the "For Commissioners > Stat Changes" menu option to manage these stat changes as needed. We generally will only post official stat changes for the week up until Thursday at noon. If any changes occur after Thursday for a given week, then they will not be posted as official changes on MyFantasyLeague.com.

A quick word about official NFL Statistics changes. Experience has shown that some web sites choose to update their pages to reflect these changes, while other sites do not - even the NFL itself typically does not update it's "Game Stats" pages to reflect these changes. Keep that in mind when looking at others sites and comparing the statistics that they display as compared to ours.

How we handle "Official NFL Statistics Changes" is another way we like to differentiate ourselves from some of our competitors. Some of our competitors force you to accept all of the official NFL statistics changes, while others expect you to manually adjust your scores in the case of offficial NFL statistics changes. We think it's best for you to decide how to handle these stat changes, so you can optionally include or exclude them from your leauge scoring results on a week-by-week basis.

Edited by LosGatosEnFuegos