[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else get a call from DirecTV?

TimC

I currently have their $79.99 a month plan with no movie channels (because of Netflix). Lady from DirecTV just called and offered NFL ticket this year PLUS all their premier channels for $2.00 a month more. She said after 5 months, I could switch back to whatever package I want.

What's the scam on this? I told her to let me think about it and she said she'd call me back.

I currently have their $79.99 a month plan with no movie channels (because of Netflix). Lady from DirecTV just called and offered NFL ticket this year PLUS all their premier channels for $2.00 a month more. She said after 5 months, I could switch back to whatever package I want.

What's the scam on this? I told her to let me think about it and she said she'd call me back.

I got something in the mail that was similar to this offer but they were swinging it that if I came back to them and bought the NFL ticket they'd give me all that for free for 5 months.

I got something in the mail that was similar to this offer but they were swinging it that if I came back to them and bought the NFL ticket they'd give me all that for free for 5 months.

I was under the impression that the NFL ticket was included. I'm not sure if I didn't hear it correctly. She stated that my package was an older one so I don't know if they're trying to get people off those older packages. I'm guessing the newer ones are more expensive.

I wanted to get a second HD-DVR. I got one when my contract was up last year for $100. I called 2 weeks ago and their "special offer" was $150.

I'm trying not to get locked into another 2 years with some bogus crap offer because the good ones only seem to come along when your contract is up.

One of the reasons I hate dealing with DirecTV is it's like buying airplane tickets....you never want to make the move because you think a better deal is out there. Just give me a fair price for a fair service.

Edited by TimC

I did this last year. I had an older grandfathered plan. Once I accepted the deal, I would need to use one of their current plans instead. I did it and then canceled DirecTV when the NFL season ended. The deals get really good when you call to cancel.

I did this last year. I had an older grandfathered plan. Once I accepted the deal, I would need to use one of their current plans instead. I did it and then canceled DirecTV when the NFL season ended. The deals get really good when you call to cancel.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking....guess I'll check into the pricing on the new plans.

We did it last year...no biggie. You just had to call in Dec to discontinue the movie channels and go back to your old package. Otherwise that premium package would continue beyond the Sunday Ticket.

It was a good deal. Keep in mind...that automatically puts you in cue to have the Sunday Ticket next year. So you will get billed the first of 5 months in July. But again....you can always call and cancel and be reimbursed.

Edited by SteelBunz