[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone Help Me With This

delfamdelfam

In my league, receptions are 1 point, all touchdowns are 4, and every 5 passing or rushing yards are worth 1/2 a point, so look at these stats from last year

Roddy White:

85 receptions(85 points), 1153 yds receiving(115.3 points), and 11 tds(44 points), that's a total of 244.3 points

Michael Turner:

871 rushing yards(87.1 points), 10 tds(40 points), 5 receptions(5 points) and 35 rec yds(3.5 points), total of 135.6 points

Matt Forte:

57 rec(57 points), 471 rec yds(47.1 points), 929 rush yds(92.9 points) and 4 tds(16 points), total of 213 points

so I'm just wondering since this is standard ppr scoring, why is a guy like Turner a first round pick and a guy like White is a second and Forte is even a 4th round pick, by these stats it seems like White and Forte should go 1st or 2nd round and Turner should be going 4th round.

Edited by delfamdelfam

Ok, I missed that, but even so, why would Forte be so low, he's going like 4.03 average in 12 team drafts. If he's only around 30 points behind White who is a early 2nd round pick, shouldn't Forte be around 2.12 to 3.01 in drafts.

Turner admited that he came into camp out of shape last year. He had hit the magic number in carries the prior year. You know, that number that no running back has not gotten hurt the year following. For some reason 373 carries is stuck in my head. He had a high ankle sprain right as he was rounding into shape last year. MSmith even admitted that he brought him back to early from the injury trying to salvage the season. This year Turner came into camp in great shape. He's got that chip on his shoulder again that made him a top 5 back 2 years ago. I expect big things.

The thing is that fantasy is much larger than just the previous years stats. You've got to look deeper.

This all being said, I don't think Turner is a 1st round pick in PPR leagues. Dude just doesn't get any catches.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

that's what I was thinking, but what about Forte, he seems like great value in say the 4th round in ppr leagues if he is only getting 30 points less than Roddy White. Martz likes throwing to his RB's so he should even improve from last year.

that's what I was thinking, but what about Forte, he seems like great value in say the 4th round in ppr leagues if he is only getting 30 points less than Roddy White. Martz likes throwing to his RB's so he should even improve from last year.

You don't assign value simply on how many points a player scores compared to other players. Since most leagues have starting lineup requirements you need to compare relative value at each position. Above and beyond that there are many reasons Forte isn't being drafted as high as Roddy White.

Edited by bushwacked

A lot of Forte's value in the past came from those receptions. Martz boost to runningbacks like Gore and Kevin Smith was from the fact they went from not catching a lot of balls to catching 50 or so balls. Forte is already there, and there is little reason to believe that he'll start catching more than that... Oh yeah, and Chester Taylor.

Ok, I missed that, but even so, why would Forte be so low, he's going like 4.03 average in 12 team drafts. If he's only around 30 points behind White who is a early 2nd round pick, shouldn't Forte be around 2.12 to 3.01 in drafts.

A lot a FF vets with a lot more experience than you are out-thinking themselves and missing the boat here. You make a very good and valid observation. Putting him at the 2/3 turn might even bit a bit low.