[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Security - Alarm Systems

Savage Beatings

I had Brinks, they were bought by Broadview, and my last bill said they are now part of the "new ADT". I can tell you I pay $32/month, and when there is a false alarm they call right away. The true test would be how soon they were able to get the cops here in the case of a real emergency which hopefully never happens.

I would recommend a wireless system if you can swing it. The moran who ran wires all over my house made quite a mess.

I had Brinks, they were bought by Broadview, and my last bill said they are now part of the "new ADT". I can tell you I pay $32/month, and when there is a false alarm they call right away. The true test would be how soon they were able to get the cops here in the case of a real emergency which hopefully never happens.

I would recommend a wireless system if you can swing it. The moran who ran wires all over my house made quite a mess.

Our house is already pre-wired.

We use a local company that does most of the businesses in town. They do commercial installations, and thus are more qualified than your typical residential installer. I see what some of these national chains do, and honestly the installs are horrific in most cases.

BTW Yukon, you should really use #4 shot as it is less likely to penetrate both sides of a wall and accidentally shoot someone you don't want to shoot, plus if you actually have to use it, you only have to do a little spakling to the wall and paint over the blood stain.

Definitely reccomend finding a local private company. Once you sign up with the big boys, (slomins adt etc) to switch monitoring services there is a big charge or they won't unlock your system for the new operators. IT's BS, but its how they work to lock you in. You buy the system but you can't have it monitored by anyone but them.

Just an FYI

Which monitoring companies and home security alarm systems to you guys recommend?

I do not have a system at my place (other than one similar to Yukon) but I hear a commercial frequently on KFAN for some company. Alarm Source I think? :wacko:

Edit: Whoops! Alarm Force I guess it is...

Edited by Delicious_bass