[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else disappointed how their draft turned out?

Shorttynaz

So I had the 6th pick in a 10 team PPR redraft.

Standard scoring, 6 pt passing TDs. 2 point bonus for a 100 yard rush/rec; 300 yrd passing game.

EVERY single round (outside of the first), the player I was targeting that round was taken right ahead of me. Here's how my lowly draft turned out.

1 - Frank Gore

2 - Roddy White

3 - Rashard Mendenhal

4 - Joseph Addai (feel like this was a reach)

5 - Hakeem Nicks

6 - Brent Celek

7 - Donald Driver

8 - Matt Ryan

9 - Derek Mason

10 - Brandon JAcobs

11 - Louis Murphy

12 - Vikings Defense

13 - Donald Brown

14 - Ben Roethlisberger

15 - David Akers

16 - Devery Henderson

So my starting roster looks like this:

QB: Matt Ryan

RB (2): Frank Gore; R Mendenhall

WR (3): R White, H Nicks, D Driver

FLEX: J Addai

TE: B Celek

PK: Akers

DEF: Vikings

Bench: Derek Mason, Brandon Jacobs, Louis Murphy, Donald Brown, Ben Roethlisberger, Devery Henderson

:wacko:

Perfect example on why I HATE drafting right smack in the middle of the snake.. Get screwed on the way up, and then take it in the kiester on the way back down.. ALL day long!

I think some of it has to do with owning players who I don't really care for (i.e. Roddy White, R Mendenhall, B Jacobs, B Roethlisberger)

Edited by Shorttynaz

It's not as bad as you think. Frank Gore will continue to see good production, Mendenhall (while not my favorite) should be a good RB2 he's not splitting carries and I am willing to bet he will be the focus of the offense for the first 4 weeks.

Roddy White is a top ten, and maybe even top 5 receiver with great YAC. Likewise Hakeem Nicks is #2 on a good offense and should be improved from last year...I like the kid and he has good YAC too. Donald Driver is old faithful, he and Derick Mason produce every year and every year they slide in drafts.

Kold is going to be good friends with Brent Celeck who was a good quality TE last year. Addai is underatted by most, he is not going to put up monster yards, however, he has good TD totals which counts

The biggest thing I see that needs work is getting some better quality backups and that's a maybe. Just wait and see how things pan out and play the waivers. The Huddle is superb on help with waivers.

Addai seems to be the problem; however, 13 combine TDs - 10 run, 3 pass shows his value and late last season he run well. However, Indy will be a pass first team with Manning at the helm. Yardage may be a concern but Addai will produce consistently.

Edited by ajh2

I drafted 6th in a PPR league tonight and ended up with the following players. For the first time in 8 years of this league QB's went very quickly, hence the reason I was able to stack up on quality WR's in the first 3 rounds. I waited to long on a QB but I'm hoping my other players make up for it.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1Flex, 1Def, 1K

Drafted

Round 1 - Ray Rice (It helped that Rodgers went number 3 and Brees went 5)

Round 2 - Randy Moss (not sure how he fell this far)

Round 3 - Calvin Johnson

Round 4 - Brandon Marshall

Round 5 - Matt Forte

Round 6 - Gates

Round 7 - Ahmad Bradshaw

Round 8 - Driver

Round 9 - Flacco

Round 10 - Ricky Williams

Round 11 - Vikings Def

Round 12 - Hass

Round 13 - McFadden

Round 14 - Housh

Round 15 - Growkowski

Edited by ThatDude

I drafted 6th in a PPR league tonight and ended up with the following players. For the first time in 8 years of this league QB's went very quickly, hence the reason I was able to stack up on quality WR's in the first 3 rounds. I waited to long on a QB but I'm hoping my other players make up for it.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1Flex, 1Def, 1K

Drafted

Round 1 - Ray Rice (It helped that Rodgers went number 3 and Brees went 5)

Round 2 - Randy Moss (not sure how he fell this far)

Round 3 - Calvin Johnson

Round 4 - Brandon Marshall

Round 5 - Matt Forte

Round 6 - Gates

Round 7 - Ahmad Bradshaw

Round 8 - Driver

Round 9 - Flacco

Round 10 - Ricky Williams

Round 11 - Vikings Def

Round 12 - Hass

Round 13 - McFadden

Round 14 - Housh

Round 15 - Growkowski

Your first 5 picks - you got GIFTS!! Great draft though..

6 out of how many ?

10 team league. I've played with these guys for over 8 years and this was the first time that so many top players felll to later in the draft. It's also the first time in league history that so many QB's were drafted in the first three rounds. Outside of my QB situation I feel really good about my team. If I can hit on Forte or Bradshaw as a decent RB2 that would be nice.

10 team league. I've played with these guys for over 8 years and this was the first time that so many top players felll to later in the draft. It's also the first time in league history that so many QB's were drafted in the first three rounds. Outside of my QB situation I feel really good about my team. If I can hit on Forte or Bradshaw as a decent RB2 that would be nice.

I really don't have the warm and fuzzies about Randy Moss this year. Although ever since I drafted him too early when he went to Oakland, I've never liked the guy since...